The below list of new businesses has been updated as of April 2023.
Every time we look around, it seems like something new is popping up in Raleigh. Whether you’re looking for your next go-to brunch destination or a new public park to stretch your legs, we’re rounding up a few things coming soon to the City of Oaks.
- NHX Creative Office, 4100 Main at North Hills St., Raleigh | Opening Fall 2023 | A five-story office building with street-level retail
- One North Hills Tower, 4000 Main at North Hills St., Raleigh | Opening Fall 2023 | A 10-story tower that will mostly house offices, with some amenity spaces open to the public
- 1000 Social, 1010 Saint Albans Dr., Raleigh| Opening early 2024 | The first of two towers at The Exchange Raleigh, offering 330,000 sqft of class-A office space
- Horseshoe, Hub RTP | Opening 2024 | A U-shaped trio of buildings housing offices over ground-floor retail
- Spring Park Playground, 1422 Collegeview Ave., Raleigh | Opening Summer 2023 | The renovation and redesign of this park includes new playground equipment with rubberized safety surfacing, site paths, and furnishings.
- Dix Park Visitors Center, 1030 Richardson Dr., Raleigh | Opening December 2023 | Three historic stone houses are being transformed into a visitors center, office and education space, and public restrooms.
- African American Cultural Center, 401 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Raleigh | Opening 2023 | The museum, located inside the John P. “Top” Greene Community Center, aims to tell the story of Black neighborhoods and people in Raleigh.
- Eastcut Sandwich Bar, Raleigh Iron Works, 1101 E. Whitaker Mill Rd., Ste. 126, Raleigh | Opening April/May 2023 | This will be the creative sandwich shop’s second Triangle location.
- Andia’s Ice Cream, Raleigh Iron Works, 2200 Atlantic Ave., Raleigh | Opening May 2023 | Imaginative homemade ice cream
- Mala Pata Molino, Gateway Plaza, 2411 Crabtree Blvd., Raleigh | Opening Summer 2023 | The teams behind Centro, Locals Seafood, and Ex-Voto are collaborating to open this new Latin American bar and restaurant.
- Madre, Smoky Hollow, 516 N. West St., Raleigh | Opening Summer 2023 | Mediterranean small plates designed for sharing, wine, cocktails, and weekend brunch
- The Yard Milkshake Bar, Seaboard Station, 11 W. Franklin St., Raleigh | Opening Summer 2023 | Over-the-top milkshake creations, sundaes, scooped ice cream, and edible cookie dough
- Biscuit Belly, Seaboard Station, 11 W. Franklin St., Raleigh | Opening Fall 2023 | Southern-style breakfast and brunch
- Tamasha, North Hills, 4200 Six Forks Rd., Ste. 130, Raleigh | Opening Fall 2023 | Upscale, modern Indian restaurant
- Brodeto, Raleigh Iron Works, 2200 Atlantic Ave., Raleigh | Opening late 2023 | Chef Scott Crawford’s newest restaurant will feature Italian and Croatian cuisine.
- New Anthem Beer Project, Smoky Hollow, 421 N. Harrington St., Raleigh | Opening April 2023 | Brewery and taproom serving beers with distinct flavors
- Wake County ABC Store, North Hills, 4291 The Circle At North Hills St., Raleigh | Opening April 2023 | Located in the Main District between Bank of America and REI
- The Green Monkey, 215 S. Wilmington St., Raleigh | Opening Spring 2023 | The inclusive community gift shop and bar is relocating from Hillsborough Street to downtown.
- Peyote, Gateway Plaza, 2411 Crabtree Blvd., Raleigh | Opening Summer 2023 | This late-night ghost bar and market stall will open in tandem with Mala Pata Molino.
- Ponysaurus Brewing Co., Raleigh Iron Works, 2200 Atlantic Ave., Raleigh | Opening Fall 2023 | Brewery and taproom
- Trinity Academy’s Upper School Academic Building | Opening Spring 2023 | Four science labs, 17 classrooms, two collaboration rooms, and an Innovation Lab
- Conlon Family Skatepark, 901 Dortch St., Raleigh | Opening May 2023 | Downtown Raleigh’s first skate park
- HEAT, Smoky Hollow, 400 Glenwood Ave., Raleigh | Opening June/July 2023 | Group fitness classes and personal training
- Gipson Play Plaza, Dix Park, 1030 Richardson Dr., Raleigh | Opening 2024 | An 18.5-acre public space for all ages
- Triangle Rock Club, Salvage Yard, 2300 Atlantic Ave., Raleigh | Opening 2024 | Indoor rock climbing gym
- Swing Racquet + Paddle, 6121 Mount Herman Rd., Raleigh | Opening 2024 | Tennis, pickleball, and padel courts
- Liberation Station Bookstore, 208 Fayetteville St., Raleigh | Opening June 2023 | Children’s literature by Black authors and illustrators with a focus on Black children and families
- Tecovas, North Hills, 4321 Lassiter at North Hills Ave., Raleigh | Opening June 2023 | Handcrafted Western-style boots, apparel, and accessories
- Rothy’s, North Hills, 4321 Lassiter at North Hills Ave., Raleigh | Opening Summer 2023 | Footwear store specializing in sustainable shoes, handbags, and accessories
- Salty Paws, Smoky Hollow, 421 N. Harrington St., Raleigh | Opening Summer 2023 | Ice cream bar and bakery for dogs
- Channel House, North Hills, 4321 Lassiter at North Hills, Raleigh | Opening Summer 2023 | 200 studio, 1-, 2-, and 3-bedroom apartments
- Highland North Hills Apartments, North Hills, 4321 Lassiter at North Hills, Raleigh | Opening Summer 2023/Fall 2024 | A 12-story building with 287 units, including studios and 1-, 2-, and 3-bedroom apartments
If there’s one thing we love even more than looking ahead to the future, it’s enjoying the present at one of Raleigh’s newest spots. Check out this list of recently opened establishments in the 919.
- Midwood Smokehouse, Smoky Hollow, 409 W. Johnson St., Raleigh| Opened February 2023 | Tex-Mex barbecue
- Premier Cakes Diner, NC Museum of History, 5 E. Edenton St., Raleigh | Opened February 2023 | A grill-style restaurant serving cooked-to-order items like breakfast sandwiches, burgers, and fried chicken
- East End Bistrot, East End Market, 2020 Progress Ct., Ste. 110, Raleigh | Opened March 2023 | A French bistro featuring an in-house butcher, raw bar, and seafood selections
- Sushi Time, Bent Tree Plaza, 7901 Falls of Neuse Rd., Raleigh | Opened March 2023 | Japanese and Thai cuisines, featuring dishes like pad thai, curry, and an extensive list of specialty sushi rolls
- Tap Yard, 1610 Automotive Way, Raleigh | Opened January 2023 | This one-acre beer garden, neighborhood bar, and music venue celebrated its grand opening in March.
- Salty Turtle Beer Co., 13100 Falls of Neuse Rd., Ste. 130, Raleigh | Opened February 2023 | Taproom featuring 14 beers on draft
- Split, 403 Glenwood Ave., Raleigh| Opened March 2023 | A tequila lounge and live music burrow located in the former C. Grace building
- FX Fitness, Raleigh Iron Works, 1101 E. Whitaker Mill Rd., Ste. 165, Raleigh | Opened January 2023 | Fitness studio and wellness space offering private and small group personal training, acupuncture, and physical therapy
- Sk1ll Fitness Studio, 8111 Rowlock Way, Ste. 111, Raleigh| Opened April 2023 | Group fitness classes ranging from indoor cycling and cardio Pilates to dance aerobics.
- Rolley, 206 Fayetteville St., Raleigh | Opened February 2023 | Schedule an appointment to shop for luxury brands like Gucci and Versace in this private designer showroom.
- Hush, Smoky Hollow, 419 N. Harrington St., Raleigh | Opened March 2023 | Salon specializing in luxury hair, lash, and brow services
- The Signal, Seaboard Station, 721 Halifax St., Raleigh | Opened January 2023 | A luxury apartment complex with 298 units and 30,000 sqft of street-level retail space