With the help of Chris Powers, the co-owner of Young Hearts Distilling, we’re bringing you three holiday cocktail recipes to create at home.
To make your holiday party planning even easier, pick up a bottle of Young Hearts’ gin or vodka, both made in-house. Keep reading to learn how to make three festive cocktails.
Benny & The Gins 🥃
*For the simple syrup (stays good for one week)
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup water
- Add brown sugar and water to a saucepan over medium-high heat; stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove syrup from heat.
- Let the syrup cool to a room temperature in the pan for about one hour.
- Combine the syrup and spirits over ice in a mixing glass and stir.
- Serve in a festive stemmed glass and garnish with four dashes of bitters.
Winter Boulevardiers 🍊
This drink is perfect for a crowd and can be prepared ahead of time.
¾ cup Young Hearts Potenza Aperitivo
1 cup rye whiskey (Sazerac Rye is preferred but Wild Turkey Rye 101 will work in a pinch)
¾ cup sweet vermouth (such as Carpano Antica)
½ cup Scotch
- Combine all spirits in a large container.
- Store in an airtight bottle in your fridge or freezer for up to one month.
- When ready to serve, garnish with an orange peel.
Sleigh Bells 🧊
This drink is built over ice — use large cubes if you’ve got ‘em.
- Combine the vodka, cranberry juice, lemon juice, and simple syrup in an ice-filled glass (we like a Collins glass).
- Give it a stir and add the St. Germain.
- Garnish with rosemary and cranberries.