Local artists Wayne Hansley and Tyler Denton turned two tree stumps at Fred Fletcher Park into a compass and a working sundial. How? Through Raleigh Art’s Do-It-Yourself Public Art Projects program.
Are you interested in adding your own splash of color to our community? Raleigh Arts can help guide artists and community members through the City of Raleigh’s permitting process.
Here are the stipulations:
- Artists or community members must submit a proposal.
- Pieces must be located on city-owned property.
- The projects are self-funded, community-funded, grant-funded, or sponsored.
Pro tips to get started:
- Look into art funding opportunities.
- Search the address of where you want your art to live to determine who owns the space.
- Use the Raleigh Arts toolkit to fine-tune your project + submit proposals.