Now more than ever, data shows that consumers are experimenting with what it means to be “sober curious.” The result has been a spike in sales of non-alcoholic beverages and a declining interest in alcoholic drinks.
Here are a few stand-out stats:
- Total dollar sales of non-alcoholic beverages grew by 20.6% between August 2021 and August 2022. Non-alcoholic beer accounted for 85.3% of those sales.
- 36% of US consumers reported to have “lost interest in drinking alcohol in general” while 13% reported to be “interested in alternative non-alcoholic beverages.”
- Sales of non-alcoholic beer, wine, and spirits rose from 0.22% of total alcohol sales in the US in 2018 to 0.47% in 2022.
- Global Market Share predicts that the non-alcoholic drinks market will grow to $30 billion by 2025.
Wanna know where you can enjoy a mocktail in Raleigh? These are some local spots we love + what to drink there:
- Killjoy | The Orange Dreamsicle featuring orange, vanilla, and cream, topped with club soda.
- Junction West | The Famous Mockingbird with lemon, lime, simple syrup, and bitters.
- The Merchant | The Green Pastures mocktail that combines lemon, fresh mint, sugar, pineapple juice, honey, and ginger beer.
- Sitti | A Lebanese sweet tea featuring passion fruit nectar, ginger-infused simple syrup, and tea.
- Umbrella in the Garden | The Sweet Nothings mocktail made with zero-proof gin, simple syrup, and fresh lime juice.