We’re checking in nearly halfway through January to see how those New Year’s resolutions are holding up — or not. Whether you are loosely participating in Dry January or are living a life without alcohol, restaurants and bars around the City of Oaks are serving up delicious, spirit-free cocktails.
City Editor Anne and I (Cat) tried the Orange Dreamsicle and Ginger Limeade at Killjoy this past weekend (featured on their special mocktail menu) + we were not disappointed. We saw for ourselves that mocktails don’t have to be boring, so check out these local bars with curated mocktail lists:
Killjoy, 116 N. West St., Ste. 100
- Paddle Flower, $9 — Cactus tonic, desert flower tincture, candied prickly pear
- Gordon’s Chip, $9 — Pineapple, cucumber, lime, hot sauce, salt + pepper
- Orange Dreamsicle, $7 — Orange, cream, vanilla simple, orange zest (City Editor Anne was truly in dreamland with this one)
- Ginger Limeade, $8 — Ginger syrup, lime, Fee Brothers Bitters, soda
Pro tip: Sign up here to participate in a mocktail class with Killjoy on Wed., Jan. 19.
City Editors cheers to mocktails and Killjoy | Photo by @RALtoday
C. Grace, 407 Glenwood Ave.
- Jam Jar, $8 — Blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries green tea, lemon juice on the rocks
- Family Fizzician, $8 — Persimmon, honey, apple cider vinegar shrub, fizz
- New Fashion, $8 — Blend of Oolong, Dandelion Root, Caramel Black, Russian Caravan + other strong teas steeped on various herbs, roots, spices, and charred Maple and Oak wood. Served on rocks with orange + cherry. That’s a mouthful, literally.
Crawford and Son, 618 N. Person St.
- Honeygold, $8 — Roasted Apples, pink peppercorn, ginger
- Snow leopard, $8 — Pineapple, tamarind, vanilla, cinnamon
Junction West, 310 S. West St., Ste. 110
- Forbin’s Ascent, $6 — Pomegranate, grapefruit, lime, agave
- Famous Mockingbird, $6 — lemon, lime, simple, bitters
- Kombucha, $7
- Elderflower/Yuzu Sparkling Water, $3