It’s no secret that Raleigh is pretty much the perfect place for a photo shoot, from our countless murals to our abundant museums to Color Pop Corner.
Check out some of our favorite camera-ready spots for every Instagrammer in Raleigh, whether your aesthetic is bright + bold, coffee shop chic, or nature-inspired. 📸
All Are Welcome, 428 S. McDowell St.
- Did you know? Artist Luke Buchanan originally painted this in 2015 for chef Ashley Christensen — the current mural is a 2019 remake.
I Believe in Raleigh, 7705 Lead Mine Rd.
- Pro tip: This mural is on the back side of Sola Coffee Cafe — stop in to buy “I believe in Raleigh” shirts, totes, and stickers that match the mural.
Love Conquers Y’all, 2034 Cameron St.
- Pro tip: This mural’s a big one, so give a friend the camera to go long and capture you + the entire design.
Go Vote, 827 W. Morgan St.
- You’ll find this and other artwork and murals outside of Trophy Brewing + Pizza.
Color Pop Corner, 102 S. Blount St.
- Pro tip: Kids will stay easily entertained in this playful public open space.
Destinations + landmarks
NC Museum of Art, 2110 Blue Ridge Rd.
- Pro tip: Check out the Museum Park for incredible sculptures, plus head to the museum’s gorgeous gray stone-lined pond.
NC State’s Memorial Belltower, 2011 Hillsborough St. (northeast corner of campus)
- Did you know that thethe Belltower is the starting point for the Krispy Kreme Challenge? In this charity race, students run 2.5 miles to a Krispy Kreme, eat one dozen glazed doughnuts, and run 2.5 miles back.
NC State Capitol, 1 E. Edenton St.
- Pro tip: A snapshot outside this building’s stately exterior has the makings of a great new LinkedIn or Facebook profile picture.
Shimmer Wall, 500 S. McDowell St.
- Did you know? This Convention Center art piece is made of 80,000 aluminum panels.
North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences Globe, 11 W. Jones St.
- Pro tip: Once you’re done taking your pic, head inside the globe for one of the museum’s many science shows in the interior theater.
The Raleigh Rose Garden, 301 Pogue St.
- Pro tip: The roses are usually in bloom between mid-May (around Mother’s day) and mid-November.
The Acorn, 2 E. South St.
- Did you know? The acorn sculpture’s name is Nutzilla.
Raleigh Union Station, 510 W. Martin St.
- Pro tip: This neon Raleigh sign also doubles as the perfect LinkedIn profile pic.