If you’re ready to hop in the car and take a tour of the Triangle homes with the best holiday lights, we’ve got you covered.
Local blogger and tour creator Al Parker has teamed up with Built Story — a self-guided tour marketplace founded by locals in Durham — to create two driving tours that take you across the Triangle and show some of the best holiday lights.
How does it work?
On Built Story, anyone can create self-guided tours for anything in their community that is significant to local residents (cue the Triangle’s love for holiday lights).
The Raleigh tours
- Raleigh Area’s Best Christmas Lights (Part 1) – South and West | Covers south Raleigh, Holly Springs, Cary, Apex, and Morrisville.
- Raleigh Area’s Best Christmas Lights (Part 2) – North and East | Covers north Raleigh, Wake Forest, Knightdale, and Wendell.
How to get started
- Download the Built Story app; available for both iOS + Android.
- In the app, search “Raleigh.”
- Choose the Triangle tour you’d like to take.
- Each tour costs $10. Once purchased, you can start, pause, stop + retake the self-guided tour for up to 30 days.
Interested in checking out the South Durham Holiday Lights Tour? Find it here.
About the tour creator
Al Parker is a NC native who enjoys researching history, legends, and lore of the Carolinas and VA. Active in historic preservation in Eastern NC, Parker has collected these Triangle display locations for the last ten years, with each tour having 20+ festive stops for you to enjoy.
A portion of the proceeds from the sale of each Raleigh tour goes to support The Hope Center at Pullen — which connects young people aging out of foster care in Wake County with the resources + support they need for a successful transition to adulthood.