Are you feeling some cabin fever? Want an excuse to get away? Here at RALtoday we’ve been known to take a spontaneous trip or two and we’re feeling like this Labor Day weekend might be an ideal time to seek out a change of scenery. Thanks to RDU’s “Fly Confident” measures, travelers can feel safer while still fulfilling their wanderlust desires.
In our experience — we’ve found the best way to look for flights out of RDU is through a quick Google Flights search. Here’s how it works:
• Google “flights from RDU” and select “flights” from the option tabs at the top of the screen.
• Select the number of passengers, dates, etc.
• If you’re feeling spontaneous, leave the destination blank and Google will do the rest.
Through our quick, two-minute search, we found thirteen flights for less than $250 that you can book for the upcoming Labor Day weekend (Sept. 4-7). We included roundtrip flights for the long weekend, and one-way flights if you want some flexibility with scheduling your return trip.
✈️ Round-trip from September 4 to 7
• Philadelphia | $108 | Nonstop | Frontier
• New York | $123 | One-stop | American
• Chicago | $179 | Nonstop | American
• St. Louis | $186 | One-stop | American
• San Francisco | $205 | One-stop | American
• Newark | $231 | Nonstop | Delta
• Detroit | $246 | One-stop | American
✈️ One-way departing September 4
• Miami | $18 | Nonstop | Spirit
• Philadelphia | $29 | Nonstop | Frontier
• Chicago | $95 | Nonstop | American
• Denver | $98 | Nonstop | United
• Washington DC | $98 | One-stop | American
• Atlanta | $132 | One-stop | American
Please note: Google Flights search is continuously updating based on flights available. COVID-19 has limited flight availabilities in various ways and may lead to last-minute changes. The above selection of flights were available to book as of 5 p.m. yesterday. We recommend updating your search preferences based on your travel needs, and of course, checking with the airline directly regarding pricing. Please review airport safety precautions about COVID-19 before booking and flying.
Contributed by Xenna Smith