Grab those jorts and flip flops, Raleigh. It’s nice outside. ☀️
For those who want to get some vitamin D during the workday, here are a few WiFi-included, sunny spots to bring your laptop.
For that caffeine fix
- Black & White, 327 W. Davie St., Raleigh | Monday-Sunday, hours vary | Grab a coffee and chocolate pick-me-up before heading outside to the cafe’s patio located under a canopy of trees.
- Fiction Coffee, 4509 Creedmoor Rd., Ste. 104, Raleigh | Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-4 p.m.; Saturday-Sunday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. | This spot has a large, wrap-around patio. Bonus: If you have a meeting, step inside to use the cafe’s mini conference room.
- The Morning Times, 10 E. Hargett St., Raleigh | Monday-Sunday, 7 a.m.-6 p.m. | People watch in downtown with a cold brew in hand and enjoy a cheeseburger and pickle chips from The Raleigh Times Bar on your lunch break.
- The Optimist, 1000 Brookside Dr., Ste. 109, Raleigh | Monday-Saturday, 7 a.m.-6 p.m.; Sunday, 8 a.m.-6 p.m. | Walk past the baristas to find a large, outdoor patio behind the cafe.
Raleigh has countless patios — bookmark this guide for more options.
Room to roam (BYO hotspot)
- Dix Park, 1030 Richardson Dr., Raleigh | Monday-Sunday | From picnic tables and hammocks to sprawling fields, this park has plenty of space to set up shop.
- Fred Fletcher Park, 820 Clay St., Raleigh | Monday-Sunday | Find a serene spot to work among this park’s 21 acres. Pro tip: Look for outlets in the walls around the amphitheater.
- Midtown Park, 4011 Cardinal North Hills St., Raleigh | Monday-Sunday | Bring a blanket to lounge on this centrally-located green space near eateries like Jubala and Happy + Hale.
- NCMA, 2110 Blue Ridge Rd., Raleigh | Monday-Sunday | Work at tables in the museum’s courtyard or wander over to the vast Museum Park to work near your favorite sculpture.
Looking for more parks to work in? Check out 30+ of our favorites.
- The Loading Dock: Dock 1053, 1053 E. Whitaker Mill Rd., Raleigh | Monday-Friday, hours vary | This dog-friendly coworking space has lots of outdoor seating around its patio. Plus, it usually has cold brew, beer, or kombucha on tap. This spot is membership-based.
The Loading Dock: Prince Hall, 216 E. Lenoir St., Raleigh | Monday-Friday, hours vary | Work on this rooftop deck with a view or in the spacious backyard garden and utilize resources like high-speed WiFi, a kitchen, and a printer and copier. This spot is membership-based.
If you miss the office pet
- Purr Cup Cafe, 210 Prospect Ave., Raleigh | Wednesday-Sunday, hours vary | This cat cafe’s patio has tables, umbrellas, and plants. Make a reservation to visit the kitties on your break.
- Raleigh Beer Garden, 614 Glenwood Ave., Raleigh | Monday-Sunday, 11 a.m.-2 a.m. | You’re almost guaranteed to see plenty of pups on one of the many porches, plus you can sip on a brew while you work.
More dog-friendly businesses, you ask? We’ve got you covered with our guide.
When your workday is a little stressful
- Dose Yoga, 415 N. Harrington St., Raleigh | Monday-Sunday, hours vary | Send your last few emails on the smoothie bar’s patio before heading inside to decompress with a hot vinyasa flow.
- Vita Vite, 200 Park at North Hills St., Ste. 130, Raleigh | Tuesday-Sunday, hours vary | Unwind at the wine bar and get inspired by local art.
- Bull City Ciderworks, 210 E. Chatham St., Cary | Tuesday-Sunday, hours vary | Sip ciders (we love the cider slushies on a hot day) and snack on bites from local food trucks, and stay for trivia, watch parties, or improv.
Bonus: Move your body after work at one of these local boutique fitness studios.