Grab those jorts and flip flops, Raleigh. It’s nice outside. ☀️
For those who want to get some vitamin D during the workday, here are a few WiFi-included, sunny spots to bring your laptop.
For that caffeine fix ☕
- Black & White, 327 W. Davie St. | Monday-Sunday, hours vary | Grab a coffee and chocolate pick-me-up before heading outside to the cafe’s patio located under a canopy of trees.
- The Morning Times, 10 E. Hargett St. | Monday-Sunday, 7 a.m.-6 p.m. | People watch downtown with a cold brew in hand + enjoy a cheeseburger and pickle chips from the Raleigh Times Bar on your lunch break.
Room to roam (BYO hotspot) 🌳
- Midtown Park, 4011 Cardinal North Hills St. | Monday-Sunday | Bring a blanket to lounge on this centrally-located green space near eateries like Jubala and Happy + Hale.
- NCMA, 2110 Blue Ridge Rd. | Monday-Sunday | Work at tables in the museum’s courtyard or wander over to the vast Museum Park to set up shop near your favorite sculpture.
Practical amenities 🖨️
- The Loading Dock: Dock 1053, 1053 E. Whitaker Mill Rd. | Monday-Friday, hours vary | This dog-friendly coworking space has lots of outdoor seating around its patio. Plus, it usually has cold brew, beer, or kombucha on tap.
The Loading Dock: Prince Hall, 216 E. Lenoir St. | Monday-Friday, hours vary | Work on this rooftop deck with a view or in the spacious backyard garden + utilize resources like high-speed WiFi, a kitchen + a printer and copier.
If you miss that office dog 🐶
- Raleigh Beer Garden, 614 Glenwood Ave. | Monday-Sunday, 11 a.m.-2 a.m. | You’re almost guaranteed to see plenty of pups on one of the many porches, plus you can sip on a brew while you work.
- Purr Cup Cafe, 210 Prospect Ave. | Wednesday-Sunday, hours vary | This cat cafe’s patio has tables, umbrellas + plants. Make a reservation to visit the kitties on your break.
When your workday is a little stressful 🧘
- Dose Yoga, 415 N. Harrington St. | Monday-Sunday, hours vary | Send your last few emails on the smoothie bar’s patio before heading inside to decompress with a hot vinyasa flow.
- Bull City Ciderworks, 305 S. Roxboro St., Durham | Monday-Sunday, hours vary | Sip ciders (we love the cider slushies on a hot day) and snack on bites from local food trucks + stay for trivia, watch parties, or improv.