There’s nothing better than relaxing under blue skies and snacking on tasty food with friends.
Warm and sunny days have arrived in the City of Oaks, and we’re spreading out our blankets to help you plan a picture-perfect picnic.
🍇 Build your menu
Let’s talk charcuterie boards.
- Alimentari at Left Bank, Transfer Co. Food Hall, 500 E. Davie St. | Fresh cuts of Italian meats + cheeses.
- State Farmers Market, 1201 Agriculture St. | Local fruits, veggies, nuts, and cheeses.
- Yellow Dog Bread Co., 219 E. Franklin St. | Pre-order bread, cookies, and other sweet and savory treats.
- Raleigh Cheesy, 1460 Chapel Ridge Rd., Apex | Choose from extra small to large custom cheese boards. Mark your calendars: A Raleigh location is opening on July 1.
💐 Pick out the decor
- Colorful blooms help set the scene for a pretty picnic — we love the bouquets at Fallon’s Flowers + Sola Coffee (from Split Acre Farm).
- Don’t forget a blanket. Raleigh Denim Workshop has a unique quilt we’re eyeing.
- Pick up some funky baskets + retro decorations from TrunkShow to complete your desired look
🌳 Choose the perfect spot
- Flowers Field, Dix Park, 2105 Umstead Dr. | Select a shady spot on 11 acres of open rolling lawn with a downtown skyline view.
- JC Raulston Arboretum, 4415 Beryl Rd. | Choose a serene spot among 8,000+ different types of plants. Read about the arboretum’s history here.
- Museum Park, NCMA, 2110 Blue Ridge Rd. | Surround yourself with art and nature; cool off in the museum.
- Raleigh Rose Garden, 301 Pogue St. | Sit among a variety of blooming roses, trees, and perennials.
🧺 Picnicking hacks
If you just want to show up, one of these planning companies will set the scene for you.
- Southern Picnics | Elegant vintage picnics with a classic Americana charm.
- Picnic Raleigh | Choose from a variety of themes like classic, luxury, and spooky.
- Raleigh Picnic Co. | Themes include French Country, Whimsical Garden, and Boho.
Bonus: Don’t forget to grab sunscreen, bug spray, and a camera to capture the memories (you’ll thank us later).
Remember to use #RALtoday when you post your picnic pictures for a chance to be featured on our page.