Sassool, a family owned market + eatery that specializes in homemade Lebanese-Mediterranean cuisine and goods, wants to help you embrace the season change with its fresh and flavor-forward butternut squash salad recipe. With the taste of fall in every crunchy bite, you’re sure to “wow” your crowd.
Psst... no worries if you’re not a pro in the kitchen — this recipe is easy to follow. Now, roll up your sleeves to make this seasonal stunner.
- 4 cups cubed butternut squash
- 3 cups shaved Brussel sprouts
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup boiled chickpeas
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup roasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- A pinch of salt and ground cinnamon
Pro tip: You can purchase some of the ingredients like olive oil, chickpeas, feta, pepitas, dried cranberries, salt, and ground cinnamon, in the Sassool Market — and if you’re running low on time, you can pick up this seasonal salad at the market.
- Heat your oven to 350°, toss the cubed butternut squash in vegetable oil, lay out on a sheet pan, and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Allow the squash to cool while you mix the rest of the salad ingredients together, then add the butternut squash.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl before adding to the salad ingredients + toss together well.
- Serve cold, alongside other fall-themed favorites like Ashley Christensen’s pimento mac and cheese custard.
- Enjoy the taste of fall.