Happy February, Raleigh. ❄️ If you’re anything like us, you’re ecstatic about the Big Frosty Beer Festival, Valentine’s Day, and spring on the horizon — and with all that excitement, you’re also looking for fun local events to attend. Read on for all the top events happening this month in the City of Oaks.
Tuesday, Feb. 1 – Sunday, Feb. 6
Tuesday, Feb. 1
- The Choir of Man | Tue., Feb. 1 | 8 p.m. | DPAC, 123 Vivian St., Durham | $15+ | Start the week off on a good note with this international hit featuring pop, classic rock, Broadway + pub tunes.
- Get Lit and Knit | Tue., Feb. 1 | 7 p.m. | Hi-Wire Brewing, 800 Taylor St., Durham | Free | Join the Triangle NC Sippers + Stitchers for some tasty brews as you work on your latest knitting project.
- Lunar New Year Celebration | Tues., Feb. 1 | 6:30-8 p.m. | Talley Student Union, 2610 Cates Ave. | Free | Join the NC State Office of Global Engagement to celebrate the Lunar New Year with music, food + cultural activities.
- Raleigh Diversity Career Fair | Tues., Feb. 1 | 11 a.m.-2p.m. | Virtual | Free | Make your next career move at this job fair featuring companies like P&G, Comcast + American Airlines.
Wednesday, Feb. 2
- Burpees & Beer | Wed., Feb. 2 | 6-7 p.m. | Compass Rose Brewery, 3201 Northside Dr. | Free | Keep a brew close by while you crush a 45-minute beer-themed workout or — enjoy one after as a reward.
- Art in Bloom | March 16-20 | NCMA |$30 members, $33 nonmembers | Yes, we know this event is more than a month away. But here’s your reminder that nonmember tickets are on sale today, Feb. 2 at 10 a.m. 🌸
- What’s in the Box? | Wed., Feb. 2 | 10-10:45 a.m. | NCMA | $8 member child, $10 nonmember child | In this session inspired by Shara Hughes’s painting “You’re Getting In Your Own Way,” preschoolers (accompanied by their caretakers) will learn about nature and create their own abstract landscape.
- Last Day: Edith London Exhibition | Wed., Feb. 2 | Gallery C, 540 N. Blout St. | View original works from the estate of Edith London, a German artist best known for her abstract paintings and collages.
- Groundhog Day | Wed., Feb. 2 | 10 a.m.-1 p.m. | NC Museum of Natural Sciences | Meet Raleigh’s trusty groundhog Sir Walter Wally + watch him deliver his weather forecast at 12 p.m. on the Bicentennial Plaza.
- Last Day: Beach Music: Making Waves in the Carolinas | Wed., Feb. 2 | 9 a.m.-5 p.m. | North Carolina Museum of History | Free | Don’t miss the last day of Beach Music, an exhibit where you can learn all about the history that created the genre.
- Valentines with Goats | Wed., Feb 2-Sat., Feb. 13 | Times vary | Spring Haven Farm, 5306 Homer Ruffin Rd. | $13.50 | Snuggle goats at Spring Haven farm with your loved one. Enough said.
- NC State vs. Syracuse | Wed., Feb. 2 | 9 p.m. | PNC Arena | $10+ | Show some hometown spirit + see Raleigh’s favorite basketball team play against Syracuse.
- Flower Bouquet Workshop | Wed., Feb. 2 | 7-9 p.m. | The Willard | $45 | Prep for Valentine’s Day as Tiera George from TG Floristry teaches you how to make your own hand-tied bouquets.
- MBA FoodCon | Wed., Feb. 2 | 9:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. | Virtual | $10 | Learn about the changing restaurant landscape, evolving diets, how to support the food business + more at the 8th annual conference hosted by Duke’s MBA Food and Agriculture Club.
Thursday, Feb. 3
- Romeo & Juliet | Thurs., Feb. 3-Sun., Feb. 20 | Performance times vary | Fletcher Opera Theater at Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts | $25+ | Set to Prokofiev’s magnificent score, Weiss’ ballet is a faithful retelling that expresses all the drama, pathos, action, tenderness, humor + heartbreak found in this legendary story.*
- Josh Potter | Thurs., Feb. 3 | 7 p.m. | Raleigh Improv | $15+ | Born in Buffalo, New York, Potter got his start on morning radio and now lives in Los Angeles where he has become a top rising comedian.
- Sylvia | Thurs., Feb. 3-Sat Feb. 5 | 7:30 p.m. | Holly Springs Cultural Center | $12+ | Enjoy this comedic production about relationships, nature + growing older in the world of middle-aged New York couples.
- Triangle Wine & Food Experience | Thurs., Feb. 3-Sat., Feb. 5 | Times vary | 3101 Poplar Wood St. Ste 100 | TWFE is a top-tier wine + food event with all proceeds going to the Frankie Lemmon School & Developmental Center.
- Alan Parsons | Thurs., Feb. 3 | 8 p.m. | Carolina Theatre, 309 W. Morgan St., Durham | $51+ | See the English audio engineer, songwriter, and record producer on his Alan Parsons Live Project tour.
Friday, Feb. 4
- Kevin Golden Jazz Ensemble | Fri., Feb. 4 | 6-9 p.m. | CAM | Free | Kevin Golden, Mac McLoughlin, Noah Powell, Mike Maloney, and Dwayne Jordan are back with jazzy tunes for CAM’s First Friday.
- Friday Favorites: All Strings | Fri., Feb. 4 | 12 p.m. | Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts | $37 | Witness the NC Symphony perform Coleridge-Taylor’s Novellette No.1, Holst’s St. Paul’s Suite, and Tchaikovsky’s Souvenir de Florence.
- Exhibition opening | Fri., Feb. 4 | Gallery C, 540 N. Blount St. | Free | See the newest oil paintings from Bert Beirne.
- Margaret Cho | Fri., Feb. 4 | 7 p.m. + 9:15 p.m. | Raleigh Improv | $25 | Celebrate the end of the week with quality laughs as comedian Margaret Cho headlines at the Improv.
- Breakfast with the Commissioner | Fri., Feb. 4 | 7:30 a.m. | Join this gathering to celebrate the hard work of individuals with the Excellence in Agriculture Awards + the Innovative Young Farmer of the Year award.
Saturday, Feb. 5
- Krispy Kreme Challenge | Sat., Feb. 5 | Virtual | 12-7 p.m. | $45+ | 2,400 calories, 12 doughnuts, five miles, one hour — sign up for this race dedicated to supporting the North Carolina Children’s Hospital. 🍩
- Birding with a Ranger | Sat., Feb. 5 | 8:30-9:30 a.m. | NCMA | Free | Search for migratory + native birds around the museum park with Park Ranger Chantal Taunton. 🐦
- Day at the Hamilton Farm | Sat., Feb. 5 | 12-4 p.m. | Apex | Free | Enjoy the outdoors, feed the farm animals, and grab a hayride at Hamilton Farm.
- NC State vs. Notre Dame Basketball| Sat., Feb. 5 | 3 p.m. | PNC Arena | $20+ | Watch the Wolfpack take on the Fighting Irish.
- Lunar New Year Celebration | Sat., Feb. 5 | 1-5 p.m. | Big Boss Brewing | Celebrate the Lunar New Year with Southern Fried Lumpia Co. + Lao Lao for authentic Filipino and Laotian cuisine.
- Wine Dinner | Sat., Feb. 5 | 7:30 p.m. | 2000 Fearrington Village Center, Pittsboro | $200 | Indulge in Bordeaux-style red wines from Cain Vineyard and Winery as you enjoy a multi-course menu featuring seared ribeye cap, smoked, bacon-wrapped rabbit, hickory grove cheese + more.
- XOXO Alamo | Sat., Feb. 5-Sun., Feb. 27| Times vary | Alamo Drafthouse Cinema, 2116-D New Bern Ave. | $9.75+ | Alama is showing select films the entire month of February + serving a limited-time menu. 🎬
- Big Frosty Beer Festival | Sat., Feb. 5 | 12-4 p.m. | Raleigh Beer Garden | $40 | Sample unlimited drinks from local, regional, and national breweries + enjoy live music and food (a mug is included with your ticket).
Sunday, Feb. 6
- Kay Yow Cancer Fund Celebration 2022 Run/Walk | Sun., Feb. 6 | 11:30 a.m. | NC State | $25 | Walk or run to raise funds for a good cause during this 15th anniversary celebration.
- Valentines Charcuterie 101 | Sun., Feb. 6 | 6:30-8 p.m. | Loading Dock, 1053 E. Whitaker Mill Rd. | $65 | Celebrate Valentine’s Day a little early at this charcuterie class + wine tasting event.
- Valentine’s Drag Brunch | Sun., Feb. 6 | 12-2p.m. | Heyday Brewing Co., 5301 Tin Roof Way | $15+ | Enjoy this Valentine’s themed drag brunch with guests Chloe Cassidy, Marsha Mellows + Kirby Kolby.
- Jason Adamo | Sun., Feb. 6 | 7 p.m. | Lincoln Theatre | $15+ | See Jason Adamo’s show “Singer in the Round” with Eric Holljes of Delta Rae, Mysti Mayhem, Abigail Dowd + more.
Monday, Feb. 7 – Sunday, Feb. 13
Monday, Feb. 7
- NC State Women’s Basketball | Mon., Feb. 7 | 6 p.m. | Reynolds Coliseum | $15 | Watch the Wolfpack play their Georgia Tech rivals.
- Youth Baseball Registration Opens | Mon., Feb. 7 | All Day | Virtual | $40+ | Sign your little ones up for youth baseball with the City of Raleigh — registration ends on Feb. 18.
- Youth Flag Football Registrations Opens | Mon., Feb. 7 | All Day | Virtual | $40+ | Teach your kids sportsmanship + sign them up for flag football with the City of Raleigh — registration ends on Feb. 18.
- “Lessons of the Hour” | Mon., Feb. 7 | 6-8 p.m. | Carrboro Century Center, 100 N. Greensboro St., Carrboro | Free | Celebrate Black History Month with a viewing of “Lessons of the Hour” + a panel discussion featuring Dr. William Sturkey, student activist Greear Webb, and council member Barbara Foushee.
Tuesday, Feb. 8
- The Brook & the Bluff | Tues., Feb. 8 | 8 p.m. | Cat’s Cradle | $18 | Make the short trip to Chapel Hill to see one of Anne’s favorite bands at her favorite college-town concert venue. 🎙️
- Old News: What’s New in Paleontology? | Tues., Feb. 8 | 1-1:45 p.m. | NC Museum of Natural Sciences | Free | Laura Beth Speer + Dr. Christian Kammerer host their monthly lecture on the newest research and discoveries in paleontology around the world.
- The FABBA Show | Tues., Feb. 8 | 7:30 p.m. | Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts | $35+ | A tribute to ABBA so good it will turn you into a Dancing Queen.
- Main Street Entrepreneurs Accelerator Program Information Session | Tues., Feb. 8 | 6-7 p.m. | Virtual | Free | Learn about Wake Tech’s new accelerator program, which will award up to $8,000 to small-business owners and student entrepreneurs.
Wednesday, Feb. 9
- NC State vs. Wake Forest | Wed., Feb. 9 | 7 p.m. | PNC Arena | $15+ |
The Wolfpack’s men’s basketball team takes on Wake Forest at home. 🏀
- Raleigh Job Fair | Wed., Feb. 9 | 11 a.m.-2 p.m. | DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, 1707 Hillsborough St. | Free | Best Hire Career Fairs helps identify what employers are looking for and matches them with the best candidates. 💼
- Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson | Wed., Feb. 9 | 8 p.m. | DPAC, 123 Vivian St., Durham | $50+ | Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson will speak about topics of the universe that people — including scientists — know nothing about.
- Daddy-Daughter Date Night Box | Wed., Feb. 9 | 5:30-7:30 p.m.| Laurel Hills Community Center | $15 | Pick up your own box of activities for a daddy-daughter date night.
Thursday, Feb. 10
- Lunchtime Lecture: Meet Curator Lauren Applebaum | Thurs., Feb. 10 | 12 p.m. | NCMA + Virtual | Free | Find out what’s coming up next for NCMA’s American art collection with curator Lauren Applebaum.
- Imagine Dragons | Thurs., Feb. 10 | 7 p.m. | PNC Arena | $55+ | Pop-rock band Imagine Dragons commemorates the release of its fifth studio album, “Mercury – Act 1,” with support from Grandson.
- Dancing in the Street: The Music of Motown | Thurs., Feb. 10-Sat., Feb. 12 | Times Vary | Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts | $45+ | Relive the magic of Motown with the NC Symphony + guest singers as they perform popular Motown hits.
- Susto | Thurs., Feb. 10 | 8 p.m.-12 a.m. | The Pour House Music Hall & Record Shop, 224 S. Blount St. | $22+ | Jam out with the Charleston-native, indie-rock band as they perform songs from their latest album, “Ever Since I Lost My Mind.”
- Whiskey or Bourbon? | Thurs., Feb. 10 | 6:30 p.m. | The Loading Dock, 1053 E. Whitaker Mill Rd. | $99 | This 90 minute class taught by Raj Sabharwal will teach whiskey lovers the history and aging process of the product + will include a tasting of a variety of whiskeys from around the world.
- Mountainfilm on Tour | Thurs., Feb. 10 | 7-10 p.m. | The Rialto Theatre | $15 | Watch a selection of culturally rich + adventure-packed documentaries curated from the annual festival held in Telluride, CO.
- Jonathan Richman | Thurs., Feb. 10 | 8 p.m. | Cat’s Cradle, 300 E. Main St., Carrboro | $20+ | Hear Jonathan Richman from the proto-punk band Modern Lovers as he performs with Tommy Larkins.
- Burlesque and Dinner Show | Thurs., Feb. 10 | 6:30 p.m. | Hummingbird, 1053 E Whitaker Mill Rd. | Celebrate an early Valentine’s Day with a four-course meal, cocktails, + entertainment.
Friday, Feb. 11
- Nashville Songwriters | Fri., Feb. 11 | 7:30 p.m. | DPAC, 123 Vivian St., Durham | $23.50+ | Some of country music’s greatest songwriters will perform live at DPAC in a special 20th Anniversary Benefit Show. 🎶
- Valentines Day Fitness + Food Experience | Fri., Feb. 11-Sun., Feb. 13 | 5-6:15 p.m. | Current Wellness, 219 S. East St. | $150 | Sign up for various fitness + food experiences like “Strength and Savor” or “Stretch and Savor” for an early Valentine’s Day celebration with your loved one.
- 20th Annual Benefit Reception | Fri., Feb. 11 | 7-10 p.m. | The Carolina Inn, 211 Pittsboro St., Chapel Hill | $150+ | Attend this silent auction to raise funds to provide emotional, financial, and medical support for families at UNC Children’s hospital.
- Rosé & Roses | Fri., Feb. 11 | 3-5 p.m. | 2409 Crabtree Blvd. | Free | Grab your Galentine to make your own bouquet while enjoying sweet treats + sipping on rosé.
- Valentine’s Weekend at the Willard | Fri., Feb. 11-Mon., Feb. 14 | 4 p.m. | The Willard | $40 | Celebrate the day of love with a dessert + champagne pairing for two.
- Love Local Valentine’s Artisan Market | Fri., Feb. 11 | 6-8 p.m. | Hartwell, 620 W. South St. | Free | Find the perfect Valentine’s Day gift as you shop from small businesses + local makers — wine and charcuterie will be available.
- Valentine’s Day Parent’s Night Out | Fri., Feb. 11 | 6-10 p.m. | Multiple Tumble Gym locations | $25 | Enjoy a night out on the town while your child plays games, eats pizza, and tumbles around.
- Smooches From Pooches | Fri., Feb. 11 | 4-7 p.m. | Saving Grace, 13400 Old Creedmoor Rd. | Free | Meet some friendly furry faces to possibly bring to their fur-ever home and + learn learn what Saving Grace is all about.
Saturday, Feb. 12
- Soul Yoga | Sat., Feb. 12 | 9-11 a.m. | CAM | $15 | Bring your mat and a mask to the Warehouse District for a morning flow, fit for all skill levels.
- Romance in the Air | Sat., Feb. 12 | 2 + 4:30 p.m. | Transfer Co. Food Hall | $25 | Hear popular favorites from Cher, Diana Ross, Adele, Etta James, Lady Gaga, and more, performed by a 16-voice chamber choir accompanied by bass, drums, and piano Diva Susan McClaskey Lohr. ❤️
- Triangle Russian Festival | Sat., Feb. 12 | 12-7 p.m. | Halle Cultural Arts Center, Apex | Free | This all-day festival includes Russian and Georgian folk games, dances, food vendors + workshops for kids and adults. 🇷🇺
- From A Birds Eye View Tour | Sat., Feb 12 | 8 p.m. | The Ritz | $30+ | Rapper Cordae performs in his hometown.
- CINCH World’s Toughest Rodeo | Sat., Feb. 12 | 7:30 p.m. | PNC Arena | $20-$80 | Saddle up, Raleigh — the nation’s top cowboys in bareback riding, saddle bronc riding + bull riding are ready to put on a show.
- Dino Stroll | Sat., Feb. 12 | 10 a.m.-5 p.m. | Raleigh Convention Center | $20 | Stand next to animatronic, life-like dinosaurs as you journey into the Mesozoic Era with prehistoric creatures from the Triassic, Jurassic + Cretaceous periods.
- Valentine’s Day Charcuterie Board Design | Sat., Feb. 12 | 2-3 p.m. | Lavish, 6325 Falls of Neuse Rd. | $70 | Learn how to build a festive charcuterie board with Grazin’ Gals as they guide you through an array of cheeses + charcuterie.
- Virtual African American Genealogy Event | Sat., Feb. 12 | 10 a.m.-2:45 p.m. | Virtual | Free | Explore your family history at this virtual symposium featuring archival resources that help connect families through enslavement periods.
- Valentine’s Day Drive-In Movie | Sat., Feb. 12 | 7-9:30 p.m. | Dorothea Dix Park | Free | Watch “The Big Sick” under the stars.
- Carolina Skies-Valentine’s Edition | Sat., Feb. 12-Sun., Feb. 13 | Times Vary | Morehead Planetarium, 250 E. Franklin St., Chapel Hill | $14.95 | Shake up date night + attend the most popular show at the planetarium with a Valentine’s Day twist.
- Adult Prom-Singles Mixer | Sat., Feb. 12 | 8-10 p.m. | Fortnight Brewing Company, 1006 Southwest Maynard Rd., Cary | $12+ | Try speed dating, Tinder live, dancing + team building activities with other singles around the Triangle.
- Cupid & Cocktails | Sat., Feb. 12 | 7-9 p.m. | Loading Dock Raleigh, 1053 Whitaker Mill Rd. | $65 | Learn how to make killer cocktails + snack on Valentine’s day treats during this mixology class.
- MCMA To Go Activity Kit | Sat., Feb. 12 | 10 a.m.-12 p.m. | North Carolina Museum of Art | Free for members | Get your creative juices flowing at home with materials to create a decorative metal plaque inspired by the Eastern Wall Marker for Synagogue.
- Valentine’s Night of Jazz | Sat., Feb. 12 | 7-9 p.m. | Junior League of Raleigh, 711 Hillsborough St. | $20 | Jazz out with your significant other during a night of never before heard sounds.
- Movie at Dix Park | Sat., Feb. 12 | 7-9:30 p.m. | Dorothea Dix Park | Free | Grab a snack from a local food truck then enjoy a night under the stars with rom com The Big Sick. (Gates open at 5:30 p.m. — get there early to secure the perfect spot.)
- Valentine’s Treasure Hunt | Sat., Feb. 12 | 1-2 p.m. | Raleigh Convention Center | $12+ | Search for clues, solve puzzles, and crack codes to unlock the treasure for a grand prize on this walking team scavenger hunt. 🔎
Sunday, Feb. 13
- A Musical Affair | Sun., Feb. 13 | 3-4:30 p.m. | Motorco Music Hall | $10+ | Join the Durham Literary Center + Mallarmé for a program that combines music and literature as author Carrie Knowles reads from her new book, “A Musical Affair.”
- Blue Devils vs. Wolfpack | Sun., Feb. 13 | 2 p.m. | Cameron Indoor Stadium | $23+ | Duke Women’s Basketball plays against NC State.
- In Relation to Power | Sun., Feb. 13 | 12-5 p.m. | Nasher Museum of Art, 2001 Campus Dr., Durham | Free | Don’t miss your last chance to see the carefully curated exhibit, “In Relation to Power: Politically Engaged Works from the Collection.”
- A Flight & a Bite | Sun., Feb. 13 | 12 p.m. + 2 p.m. | Chatham Street Wine Market, 111 W. Chatham St., Cary | $30 | Indulge in a Valentine’s Day flight of four sparkling wines + a chocolate cupcake from Once in a Blue Moon Bakery.
- Galentine’s Drag Brunch | Sun., Feb. 13 | 11 a.m.-3 p.m. | Young Hearts Distilling | $50 | Grab brunch + a cocktail while you enjoy performances by drag queens and a wedding-themed fashion show.
- Valentines Day Dance | Sun., Feb. 13 | 7-9 p.m. | NetSports, 3717 Davis Drive | $5+ | Put on your dancing shoes and take your child out for a night to remember.
Monday, Feb. 14 – Sunday, Feb. 20
Monday, Feb. 14
- Sweetheart Dinner | Mon., Feb. 14 | 5-9 p.m. | Farmhouse Cafe, 320 Vintage Point Ln., Wendell | Celebrate the day of love with your favorite person at this Valentine’s Day dinner.
- Valentine’s Dinner at Waffle House | Mon., Feb. 14 | 5-9 p.m. | Locations Vary | Prices Vary | Enjoy the Waffle House menu on Valentine’s Day, featuring tablecloths, candles, and music.
- Valentine’s Day Cocktail Class | Mon., Feb. 14 | 6-8 p.m. | Killjoy Cocktail | $90 | Learn how to make three different cocktails with your significant other.
- Birds of Prey Tour | Mon., Feb. 14 | 2 p.m. | Piedmont Wildlife Center, 364 Leigh Farms Rd., Durham | $10 | Tour the Piedmont Wildlife Center + learn about the birds of prey that live there.
- Valentine’s Day Skate |Mon., Feb. 14| 6-8:30 p.m. | United Skates of America, 2901 Trawick Rd. | $5.00 + $4.50 skate rental | Skate your heart out to hip hop and R&B jams. 🛼
- Love Stories & Broken Hearts Walking Tour | Mon., Feb. 14 | Times vary | Governor’s Mansion, 200 N. Blount St. | Pay-what-you-feel | Listen to historic local stories about love and love lost.
- Be My Valentine Bash | Mon., Feb. 14 | 7:30-9:30 p.m. | Halcyon, 517 W Jones St. | $44 | A non-traditional dating scene with a private club atmosphere — the perfect opportunity to meet someone special.
- Dinner at Mulino | Mon. Feb. 14 | 6:30-7:30 p.m. | Mulino, 309 N. Dawson St. | $125 | Wine and dine an Italian four-course prix fixe menu with an included bottle of wine.
Tuesday, Feb. 15
- Subtronics Fractal Tour | Tues., Feb. 15 | 7 p.m. | The Ritz | $30 | Listen to the American dubstep DJ perform on his latest tour.
- Celebrating Community Love | Tues., Feb. 15 | 6-7:30 p.m. | A Place at the Table, 300 W. Hargett St. | $10+ | Participate in the Women’s Social Club Galentine’s Day event to hear Maggie Kane’s journey in starting A Place at the Table.
- Introduction to Coffee Class | Tues., Feb. 15 | 12-5 p.m. | Dilworth Coffee Training Center, 4320 Delta Lake Dr. | $275 | Learn the ins + outs of coffee making as instructors discuss coffee growing, processing, grading, roasting, brewing, and tasting.
- Blue Devils vs. Demon Deacons | Tues., Feb. 15 | 7 p.m. | Cameron Indoor Stadium | $570+ | Duke’s Men’s Basketball team plays against Wake Forest.
Wednesday, Feb. 16
- Pinball Knockout Tournament | Wed., Feb. 16 | 7-9 p.m. | Boxcar Bar + Arcade | Free | Breakout of your mid-week routine with pints and pinball by joining the Triangle Pinball Players for a night of friendly competition.
- Fresh Air Exhibition | Wed., Feb. 16 | 11 a.m.-4 p.m. | Midtown Raleigh | Free | This is the last day to catch Jessica Singerman’s and Sydney Zesters’ paintings inspired by fresh air and life experiences.
- Whiskey 101 | Wed., Feb. 16 | 7-8:30 p.m. | Dram & Draught | $25 | Go back to school and take this intro course featuring a variety of whiskeys with varying taste profiles.
- Strictly Speaking: Elizabeth Doran | Wed., Feb. 16 | 6-7 p.m. | Kennedy-McIlwee Studio Theatre, 2241 Dunn Ave. | Free | Hear from the president + CEO of the NC Theatre, Elizabeth Doran, as she speaks about her work and industry.
Thursday, Feb. 17
- The King’s Jester with Hasan Minhaj | Thurs., Feb. 17 | 7 + 10 p.m. | DPAC, 123 Vivian St., Durham | $55+ | Maybe you’ve seen him on The Daily Show or Netflix — now you can see the comedian live at DPAC for the first time.
- Bourbon & Chocolate Tasting | Thurs., Feb. 17 | 7-8 p.m. | The Chocolate Boutique, 8480 Honeycutt Rd. | $59.99 | Try four premium flights paired with different Belgian chocolate truffles.
- Chris Fleming: Tricky Tricky | Thurs., Feb. 17 | 8 p.m. | Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts | $38 | Laugh with comedian Chris Fleming from Comedy Central’s “CORPORATE” + “Splitting Up Together.”
Friday, Feb. 18
- A Serious Game About Extreme Precipitation | Fri., Feb. 18 | 2-4 p.m. | D. H. Hill Jr. Library, NCSU | Free | Play the part of a city planner — in this game, you will consider potential solutions for a fictional town going through extreme deluges of precipitation due to climate change. 🌧️
- Carolina Gospel Jubilee | Fri., Feb. 18 | 7:30 p.m. | Duke Energy Center | $18+ | Enjoy joyful gospel music performances from the Glorifying Vines Sisters, Jared L. Payton & the Voices, and William Ritter & Sarah Ogletree.
- Mitski | Fri., Feb. 18 | 7 p.m. | The Ritz | $234 | Rock out with the indie singer-songwriter as she performs live.
- Tchaikovsky Violin Concerto | Fri., Feb. 18 | 8 p.m. | Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts | $20+ | Listen to the NC Symphony perform Caroline Shaw’s Entr’acte, Tchaikovsky’s Violin Concerto, and Sibelius’ Symphony No. 2.
- “Be a Kid Again” Date Night | Fri., Feb. 18 | 7-9:30 p.m. | Loading Dock Raleigh, 1053 East Whitaker Mill Rd. | $65 | Get silly with a night of pizza making, fizzy Pop-Rock cocktails, games, and s’mores.
Saturday, Feb. 19
- Great Backyard Bird Count | Sat., Feb. 19 | 10 a.m.-12 p.m. | NCMA | Free | Bundle up and bring your binoculars to help the museum count and track birds for this annual + worldwide citizen-science event. 🐦
- Monster Jam | Sat., Feb. 19-Sun., Feb. 20 | Times vary | PNC Arena | $15+ | Get ready for an action-packed and adrenaline-charged weekend of motorsports at PNC Arena. 🛻
- Mardis Gras Bar Crawl | Sat., Feb. 19 | 3-10 p.m. | Downtown Raleigh Bars, 606 Glenwood Ave. | $12 | Bourbon Street or Downtown Raleigh? It will be hard to tell the difference with all of the green, purple, and gold beads floating around. 🎭
- Flannels & Frost: Winter Games | Sat., Feb. 19 | 2-7:45 p.m. | Moore Square | Free | Enjoy a chilly game-filled day at the park + finish it off with a 6 p.m. showing of the Disney classic Cool Runnings. ❄️
- Family Studio: Block Art Party | Sat., Feb. 19 | 1 p.m. | NCMA | $12.87 | Expert artists will guide you as you look at original works of art + find inspiration to create your own projects.
- Live from the Studio: Ivana Milojevic Beck | Sat., Feb. 19 | 1:30-3 p.m. | Virtual | Free | See artist Ivana Milojevic beck demonstrate the process of building a modular sculpture work out of materials like brick + wax.
- Black Violin: Impossible Tour | Sat., Feb. 19 | 8 p.m. | Durham Performing Arts Center | $35+ | See Black Violin perform their Grammy nominated album “Take the Stairs” + hear top-hits like “Impossible is Possible” and “Showoff.”
- NC State AMA 4th Annual Regional Conference | Sat., Feb. 19 | 9 a.m.-4p.m. | McKimmon Center, 1101 Gorman St. | Free | A personal branding workshop with speakers from Meta, Kellogg’s, and Microsoft + marketing competitions.
- Cupid’s Undie Run | Sat., Feb. 19 | 12-4 p.m. | Motorco Music Hall, 732 Rigsbee Ave., Durham | $45 | Take a “brief” run in your undies to support those with NF, a genetic disorder.
Sunday, Feb. 20
- Harlem Quartet | Sun., Feb. 20 | 1-3 p.m. + 3-5 p.m. | NCMA | $17+ | This New York-based string quartet bringing a new attitude to classical music will perform in the SECU Auditorium as part of the NCMA’s Sights and Sounds concert series.
- Alton Brown Live: Beyond the Eats | Sun., Feb. 20 | 3 p.m. + 7:30 p.m. | DPAC, 123 Vivian St., Durham | $45+ | Alton Brown is taking his show on the road — audiences can expect unusual cooking demos, comedy, music + more.
- An Evening with Ginuwine & Friends | Sun., Feb. 20 | 8 p.m. | Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts | $60+ | See R&B star Ginuwine perform with Donnell Jones, Adina Howard + more.
- Brian Fallon with the Worriers + Hurry | Sun., Feb. 20 | 7:30 p.m. | Lincoln Theatre | $30 | See American musician, singer, and songwriter from The Gaslight Anthem perform with punk-rock band, the Worriers, and the indie-rock band, Hurry.
- Wines of Northern Spain | Sun,. Feb. 20 | 4 p.m. | 2000 Fearrington Village Center, Pittsboro | $85 | Join Sommelier Bob Leonard as he guides you through a selection of white + red wines from northern Spain.
Monday, Feb. 21 – Monday, Feb. 28
Monday, Feb. 21
- Tar Heels vs. Cardinals | Mon., Feb. 21 | 7 p.m. | Dean E. Smith Center, 300 Skipper Bowles Dr., Chapel Hill | $6+ | See the UNC’s Men’s Basketball team faces Louisville.
- Kate Moore | Mon., Feb. 21 | 7 p.m. | Quail Ridge Books | $32.50 | Learn about “Radium Girls” author Kate Moore’s latest book, “The Woman They Could Not Silence.
- Sarah and the Safe Word | Mon., Feb. 21 | 8 p.m. | The Pour House | $10+ | Hear the six-piece Atlanta rock band perform on their Good Gracious! Tour with Dog Park Dissidents.
- Carolina Tiger Rescue Public Tour | Mon., Feb. 21 | 10 a.m. | Carolina Tiger Rescue, 1940 Hanks Chapel Rd., Pittsboro | $18 | Go on a guided half-mile walk to meet some of the world’s most endangered species + hear their stories.
Tuesday, Feb. 22
- Networking 101 | Tues., Feb. 22 | 8:30-10 a.m. | Raleigh Chamber | Free | These quarterly one-hour seminars presented by local experts will deliver ideas and tips on developing business relationships through networking. 💻
- Hadestown | Tues., Feb. 22 | 7:30 p.m. | DPAC, 123 Vivian St., Durham | $96+ | This acclaimed musical of two mythic tales won eight 2019 Tony Awards.
- Jean Mclaughlin: After 40 Years – A Return to Printmaking | Tues., Feb. 22-Sat., April 23 | Times Vary | Cary Arts Center | Free | See Jean Mclaughlin’s nature-inspired monotypes, lithographs, and woodcuts.
- Inspiration Golf Workshop | Tues., Feb. 22 | 10 a.m.-12 p.m. | Drive Shack | $10 | Play a virtual round of golf + practice your driving swing — registration ends on Sat. Feb. 19.
Wednesday, Feb. 23
- The Big Fake Wedding | Wed., Feb. 23 | 6:30-9 p.m | The Maxwell | $20+ | This wedding show alternative is complete with a vow renewal ceremony, cocktail hour, and dance-party reception. 💒
- New England Cuisine | Wed., Feb. 23 | 6:30 p.m. | Midtown Grille, 4221 Six Forks Rd., Ste 115 | $50+ | Enjoy an array of New England flavors at this upscale neighborhood restaurant.
- Startup Job + Resource Fair | Wed., Feb. 23 | 4-6 p.m. | Entrepreneurship Garage, 1017 Main Campus Dr., Suite 1650 | Free | Join NC State + Raleigh Founded to find startup job opportunities + resources for your business.
- Lip Color Workshop | Wed., Feb. 23 | 6:30-8:30 p.m. | Vita Vite Downtown, 313 W. Hargett St. | $30+ | Join the Women’s Social Club + Lip Print Beauty Bar for an evening of creating your own lipstick or lipgloss.
Thursday, Feb. 24
- Bring Your Own Vinyl Night | Thurs., Feb. 24 | 7-9 p.m. | Hi-Wire Brewing, 800 Taylor St., Durham | Free | Choose a record from that carefully curated collection we know you have to help the DJ set the perfect vibe to drink fresh brews.
- Marcus King | Thurs., Feb. 24 | 8 p.m. | The Ritz | $44.50+ | See the South Carolina southern rock band perform with Hannah Wicklund.
- Courageous Conversations: I am Not My Hair | Thurs., Feb. 24 | 9-11 a.m. | Virtual | $15 | Hear from Adjoa Asamoah, the co-creator of the CROWN Act, as she discusses how businesses can create a respectful + open workplace for natural hair.
Friday, Feb. 25
- Sardines Scavenger Hunt | Fri., Feb. 25 | 7-8:30 p.m. | Circa 1888 | $20 | Reminisce on your childhood with a game of adult Sardines, scattered throughout the Warehouse District. 🔎
- She Persisted, The Musical | Fri., Feb. 25 | 7-8 p.m. | Pure Life Theatre, 3801 Hillsborough St. Suite 100 | $15 | This performance explores truth, hope, redemption + love.
- Rickey Smiley | Fri., Feb. 25-Sat., Feb 26 | Times Vary | Raleigh Improv, 1224 Parkside Main St., Cary | $30+ | Laugh along with this “clean” contemporary comedian, television host + radio personality.
- Dan Soder | Fri., Feb. 25 | 7:30 p.m. | Goodnights Comedy Club, 861 W. Morgan St. | $30+ | Celebrate the end of the week with Dan Soder, the comedian known from Showtime’s “Billions” + the cohost of SiriusXM’s “The Bonfire.”
- Hurricanes vs. Blue Jackets | Fri., Feb. 25 | 7 p.m. | PNC Arena | $25+ | The Canes face off the Columbus Blue Jackets.
Saturday, Feb. 26
- NCMA Cinema: Ailey | Sat., Feb. 26 | 2 p.m.-4 p.m. | NCMA | $5-7 | Immerse yourself in the life of dance pioneer + visionary artist Alvin Ailey through this portrait film.
- Hippo Campus with Jelani Aryeh | Sat., Feb. 26 | 7 p.m. | The Ritz | $25 | Be one of the first to see this indie-rock band perform songs from their newly released album, LP3. 🎸
- Body Mind Spirit Expo | Sat., Feb. 26-Sun., Feb 27 | 10 p.m -6 p.m. | NC State Fairgrounds, Exposition Center | $14 | Take in live performances featuring entertaining music, dance, and spoken word, and then, explore an incredible selection of the nation’s finest psychics and mediums, the best in alternative health, wellness tools, products and resources.
- Soul Yoga | Sat., Feb. 26 | 9-11 a.m. | CAM | $15 | Bring your mat and a mask to the Warehouse District for a morning flow, fit for all skill levels.
- Wolfpack vs. Tar Heels | Sat., Feb. 26 | Time TBA | $50+ | Scoop tickets or tune in to this Triangle rivalry men’s basketball game on the Wolfpack’s Senior Night.
- Eddie B’s Teachers Only Comedy Tour | Sat., Feb. 26 | 8 p.m. | Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts | A night of unfiltered comedy for educators.
- Dodge for a Cause | Sat., Feb. 26 | 10 a.m.-5 p.m. | Tarboro Road Park, 121 N. Tarboro St. | $200/team | Compete in a glow-in-the-dark dodgeball tournament to raise funds for Play it Forward Raleigh.
- Dancing with the Stars: Live! | Sun., Feb. 27 | 8 p.m. | Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts | $57 | Cha Cha out to see your favorite professionals and stars perform time-honored dances like the Foxtrot, Salsa, Tango + more.
- Aminé – The Best Ever Tour | Sun., Feb. 27 | 8 p.m. | The Ritz | $32.50 | See the popular rapper, singer, and songwriter, known for his hit “Caroline,” perform live.
- Hurricanes vs. Oilers | Sun., Feb. 27 | 1 p.m. | PNC Arena | $32+ | Watch the Carolina Hurricanes play against Canada’s Edmonton Oilers.
- We are Proud to Present | Sun., Feb. 27 | 3:30 p.m. | Saint Augustine’s University Theatre | $23 | Don’t miss your last chance to see a presentation about the Herero tribe of Namibia as three actors attempt to recreate the devastation that happened to them at the hands of their German colonizers.
- Rooftop Yoga | Sun., Feb. 27 | 11 a.m.-12 p.m. | The Willard | $15 | Enjoy views of downtown while you move your body with Oak City Yoga + grab a mimosa at the bar afterwards.
Monday, Feb. 28
- Colbie Caillat | Mon., Feb. 28 | 8 p.m. | Carolina Theatre, 309 W. Morgan St., Durham | $49.50+ | Enjoy live music from two-time Grammy Award winning singer-songwriter Colbie Caillat on her Coco 15th Anniversary Tour.
- 2022 Bizwomen Mentoring Monday | Mon., Feb. 28 | 8:30-11 a.m. | Embassy Suites by Hilton, 201 Harrison Oaks Blvd., Cary | $35 | Meet your mentor as you join local women leaders in a career coaching atmosphere.
- Sammy Rae & The Friends | Mon., Feb. 28 | 8 p.m. | Cat’s Cradle | $20+ | See this pop band perform a high-energy + spirited show with songs from their albums “Let’s Throw a Party” and “The Good Life.”
- Omnium Gatherum | Mon., Feb. 28 | 6 p.m. | Local 506, 506 W. Franklin St., Chapel Hill | $20+ | See the Finland metal band perform live with Allegaeon + Black Crown Initiate.