Taking shape ~15 minutes from downtown is Fenton, an $850 million mixed-use complex. It will have eateries, retailers, an apartment complex, a hotel, ~200,000 sqft of office space, and a large, open lawn.
The team of Hines, Columbia Development + USAA Real Estate broke ground on the project in November 2020 and its grand opening is less than a month away.
Fenton, which reminds us of North Hills, has freshly painted murals and plenty of space to hang out. The anticipation is building as more signs pop up on storefronts and the bones of future foodie hot-spots start taking shape.
This up-scale concept will feature a zero-gravity seating movie theater, a 357 unit apartment complex, fitness studios, and luxury salons.
- The Allison (pre-leasing starts in June with occupancy predicted as soon as October)
- Zen Nail Bar (wellness luxury spa)
- Club Pilates (full-body fitness studio)
- Boardroom (salon for men)
- Paragon Theaters (premium theater experience)
Fenton will feature eight chef-inspired restaurants, cafes, and bars.
- Colletta (Italian fare with housemade pastas, opening in June)
- Dram & Draught (craft cocktails + ~400 whiskeys, opening in June)
- Honeysuckle Gelato (gelato with Southern roots, opening in June)
- M Sushi (seasonal seafood imported from Japan, Korea + the US, opening in June)
- CRU (food and wine bar, the first of the chain in NC, expected to open in July)
- Superica (Tex-Mex cuisine by chef Ford Fry, expected to open in July)
- Sports and Social (a two-level elevated sports bar, opening later this year)
- Crawford Brothers Steakhouse (by Scott + Steve Crawford, expected to open in 2024)
Fifteen retailers have been announced — here are a few that we are excited about.
- Sephora (now open)
- Athleta (now open)
- Vestique (Southern boutique launched in 2010)
- Bailey’s Fine Jewelry (NC originated fine jewelry store)
- Arula (mid- + plus-size shopping experience)
- Archer Paper Goods (stationery boutique)
- Nike Live (curated Nike products based on local preferences)
Upcoming events 🎉
The versatile, open-spaced lawn located in Fenton Square will hold concerts + an ice skating rink during the holidays.
- Grand Opening Day 1 | Sat., June 4 | 8:30 a.m.-8 p.m. | The first day of celebrations include a bootcamp with Athleta + fitness class with Club Pilates in Fenton Square, magic show, face painting, buskers, and roller skaters on Main St., a movie on the lawn, hot air balloon rides + a laser light show.
- Grand Opening Day 2 | Sun., June 5 | 9 a.m.-6 p.m. | The second day of events will feature a morning fitness class with Lululemon, penalty kicks + selfies with the NC Courage and North Carolina FC, putt-putt activities, vintage car viewings, and a DJ.