Happy “Women’s History Month,” Raleigh. Add these 10 events and exhibits to your calendar to celebrate all month long.
- The Power of Women in Country Music | Monday, March 6-Saturday, April 1 | Times vary | The NC Museum of History, 5 E. Edenton St., Raleigh | $0-$10 | Gawk at memorabilia from women trailblazers like Taylor Swift, Dolly Parton, and Shania Twain at this carefully curated exhibition by the GRAMMY Museum.
Tuesday, March 7
- NC Women Milvets Summit 2023 | Tuesday, Mar. 7 | 10 a.m.-2 p.m. | McKimmon Center at NCSU, 1101 Gorman St., Raleigh | Free | The NC Department of Military & Veteran Affairs is hosting this event offering a number of resources for women-service members, veterans, military spouses, and caregivers.
Wednesday, March 8
- In Her Shoes - Lunch & Learn Panel Discussion | Wednesday, Mar. 8 | 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. | City Club Raleigh, 150 Fayetteville St., Ste. 2800, Raleigh | $65 | On International Women’s Day, hear the women behind Dress for Success discuss the pivotal moments, unexpected twists and turns, and sisterhood that sustains them.
Friday, March 10
- The Soul II Soul Tour w/ Women’s Empowerment Expo | Friday, Mar. 10 | 4:30 p.m. | PNC Arena, 1400 Edwards Mill Rd., Raleigh | $59-$250 | Celebrate the influence of African-American women with panel discussions, shopping, and a concert.
- Entrepreneurs & Poets | Friday, Mar. 10 | 6-10 p.m. | The Nest Raleigh, 414 Fayetteville St., 4th floor, Raleigh | $15-$60 | Shop vendors who support women in business, sip on specialty drinks, enjoy bites, and participate in or watch open mic performances.
Sunday, March 12
- Speaking Broadly Brunch | Sunday, Mar. 12 | 11 a.m.-2 p.m. | Bridge Club, 105 W. Hargett St., Raleigh | $95 | Dana Cowin will discuss her podcast, “Speaking Broadly,” and enjoy bites by Ashley Christensen and some of the culinary leaders at AC Restaurants.
- Women’s History Trolley Tour | Sunday, Mar. 12 | 1 p.m. | Mordecai Historic Park, 1 Mimosa St., Raleigh | $12 | Celebrate influential women who helped shape Raleigh’s history.
Wednesday, March 15
- History at High Noon: NC and First Ladies | Wednesday, Mar. 15 | 12-1 p.m. | The NC Museum of History (Virtual), 5 E. Edenton St., Raleigh | Free | Join author and historian Annette B. Dunlap to take a walk through NC history and the nation’s first ladies — 10 of which have NC connections.
Saturday, March 25
- Floral Portraits: Powerful Women | Saturday, Mar. 25 | 1-5 p.m. | Artspace, 201 E. Davie St., Raleigh | $80 | Join instructor Jennifer Clifton to create a floral portrait of an influential woman in your life.
- Writing with Fire | Saturday, Mar. 25 | 2 p.m. | NCMA, 2110 Blue Ridge Rd., Raleigh | $8-$10 | Watch this documentary on how the women journalists of India’s all-female Khabar Lahariya (News Wave) newspaper risk it all and defy the odds.