We know — Valentine’s day is still ~2 weeks away, but why wait until the last minute to plan the ultimate day for someone you love? Luckily, Raleigh has tons of options for unique dates that go way beyond the tried-and-true restaurant and flowers combo. Let’s be honest. Dinner and a movie are great, but when we’re really trying to impress a date, we like to pull out all the stops.
We rounded up 20+ ways to celebrate love that we guarantee will become the benchmark for all your future dates. And while some are V-Day specific, others are year-round options, which means you’ll want to bookmark this list for your next anniversary, birthday, or any special day. And on that note, we’ll leave you to do some planning. 💗
For the movie buffs
- XOXO, Alamo | Sat., Feb. 5-Sun., Feb. 27 | Times vary | Alamo Drafthouse Cinema, 2116-D New Bern Ave. | $9.75+ | Alamo is featuring Valentine’s Day-inspired films the entire month of February + serving a limited-time menu. 🎬
- Drive-in Movie | Sat., Feb. 12 | 7-9:30 p.m. | Dorothea Dix Park | Free | Grab a snack from a local food truck then enjoy a night under the stars watching rom com The Big Sick. Pro Tip: Gates open at 5:30 p.m. — get there early to secure the perfect spot.)
For the adventure seekers
- Love Flow | Sat., Feb. 12 | 9-10 a.m. | Crabtree Valley Mall | Free | YogaSix will host a pop-up class in Center Court near H&M.
- Valentine’s Treasure Hunt | Sat., Feb. 12 | 1-2 p.m. | Raleigh Convention Center | $12+ | Search for clues, solve puzzles, and crack codes to unlock the treasure for a grand prize on this walking team scavenger hunt. 🔎
- Valentine’s Day Skate | Mon., Feb. 14| 6-8:30 p.m. | United Skates of America, 2901 Trawick Rd. | $5.00 + $4.50 skate rental | Skate your heart out to hip hop and R&B jams. 🛼
- “Be a Kid Again” Date Night | Fri., Feb. 18 | 7-9:30 p.m. | Loading Dock Raleigh, 1053 East Whitaker Mill Rd. | $65 | Get silly with a night of pizza making, fizzy Pop-Rock cocktails, games, and s’mores.
For the ultimate foodies
- Dinner at Mulino | Mon. Feb. 14 | 6:30-7:30 p.m. | Mulino, 309 N. Dawson St. | $125 | Wine and dine an Italian four-course prix fixe menu with an included bottle of wine.
- Sweetheart Dinner | Mon., Feb. 14 | 5-9 p.m. | Farmhouse Cafe, 320 Vintage Point Ln., Wendell | Celebrate the day of love with your favorite person at this Valentine’s Day dinner.
- Valentine’s Dinner at Waffle House | Mon., Feb. 14 | 5-9 p.m. | Locations Vary | Prices Vary | Enjoy the Waffle House menu on Valentine’s Day, featuring tablecloths, candles, and music.
For the music-lovers
- Imagine Dragons | Thurs., Feb. 10 | 7 p.m.| PNC Arena | $65+ | Listen to this Grammy Award winning group best known for songs like “Radioactive” and “Demons.”
- Dueling Piano Party | Fridays + Saturdays | 6-2 p.m | PLUS, 510 Glenwood Ave. | $10 | Get up and dance with your gal pals or your partner at the largest dueling piano bar in America.
- Valentine’s Night of Jazz | Sat., Feb. 12 | 7-9 p.m. | Junior League of Raleigh, 711 Hillsborough St. | $20 | Jazz out with your significant other during a night of never before heard sounds.
For the artists
- MCMA To Go Activity Kit | Sat., Feb. 12 | 10 a.m.-12 p.m. | North Carolina Museum of Art | Free for members | Get your creative juices flowing at home with materials to create a decorative metal plaque inspired by the Eastern Wall Marker for Synagogue.
- Cupid & Cocktails | Sat., Feb. 12 | 7-9 p.m. | Loading Dock Raleigh, 1053 Whitaker Mill Rd. | $65 | Learn how to make killer cocktails + snack on Valentine’s day treats during this mixology class.
- Love Stories & Broken Hearts Walking Tour | Sat., Feb. 12-Mon., Feb. 14 | Times vary | Governor’s Mansion, 200 N. Blount St. | Pay-what-you-feel | Listen to historic local stories about love and love lost.
- Love Local Valentine’s Artisan Market | Fri., Feb. 11 | 6-8 p.m. | Hartwell Raleigh, 620 W. South St. | Grab a glass of wine from the bar + shop to support local small businesses + artists around the Triangle. There will be cheese and charcuterie options.
- Valentine’s Day Charcuterie Board Design | Sat., Feb. 12 | 2-3 p.m. | Lavish, 6325 Falls of Neuse Rd. | $70 | Brought to you by Grazin’ Gals, spend some time making an intricate cheese board with your pals.
For the animal-lovers
- Smooches From Pooches | Fri., Feb. 11 | 4-7 p.m. | Saving Grace, 13400 Old Creedmoor Rd. | Free | Meet some friendly furry faces to possibly bring to their fur-ever home and + learn learn what Saving Grace is all about.
- Valentines with Goats | Wed., Feb 2-Sat., Feb. 13 | Times vary | Spring Haven Farm, 5306 Homer Ruffin Rd. | $13.50 | Snuggle goats at Spring Haven farm with your loved one. Enough said.
For the kids
- Valentine’s Day Parent’s Night Out | Fri., Feb. 11 | 6-10 p.m. | Multiple Tumble Gym locations | $25 | Enjoy a night out on the town while your child plays games, eats pizza, and tumbles around.
- Valentines Day Dance | Sun., Feb. 13 | 7-9 p.m. | NetSports, 3717 Davis Drive | $5+ | Put on your dancing shoes and take your child out for a night to remember.
For the singles ready to mingle
- Adult Prom-Singles Mixer | Sat., Feb. 12 | 8-10 p.m. | Fortnight Brewing Company, 1006 Southwest Maynard Rd., Cary | $12+ | Try speed dating, Tinder live, dancing + team building activities with other singles around the Triangle.
- Be My Valentine Bash | Mon., Feb. 14 | 7:30-9:30 p.m. | Halcyon, 517 W Jones St. | $44 | A non-traditional dating scene with a private club atmosphere — the perfect opportunity to meet someone special.