Get ready to carbo-load and lace up your sneakers, Raleigh. Here are 12+ races for a cause to start training for in the City of Oaks.
All start times are for the first race of the day.
Raleigh races 🏁
- North Hills 5K | Sat., Sept. 10 | 9 a.m. | 4815 Six Forks Rd. | $25+ | Run, walk, or jog the Interfaith Food Shuttle’s 16th annual race benefiting BackPack Buddies.
- Canes 5K | Sun., Sept. 18 | 8:30 a.m. | PNC Arena | $40+ | Join the Hurricanes in running its ninth annual race; all proceeds benefit the Carolina Hurricanes Foundation.
- Sola Hot Mini 5K | Sat., Sept. 17 | 8:30 a.m. | Sola Coffee Cafe, 7705 Lead Mine Rd. | $25+ | Help the coffee shop hit its goal of raising $200,000 to help fight ALS.
- Triangle Run/Walk for Autism | Sat., Oct. 8 | 9 a.m. | Halifax Mall, 300 N. Salisbury St. | $25+ | Participate to raise funds for The Autism Society of North Carolina.
- Walk for Hope 5K | Sun., Oct. 9 | 9 a.m.-2 p.m. | The Angus Barn, 9401 Glenwood Ave. | $30+ | Join Foundation of Hope for this walk, run, and festival for a day of games, food, music + prizes to help fund mental illness research and treatment.
- Cupcake Run | Sat., Oct. 15 | 8 a.m. | 8521 Briar Creek Pkwy. | $25+ | After you complete this sweet 5K benefitting Make-A-Wish, you’ll be greeted at the finish line by mascots, music, and cupcakes.
- ZERO Prostate Cancer 5K Run | Sat., Oct. 22 | 8:30 a.m. | Free, fundraising | Lake Raleigh, 2300 Main Campus Dr. | Run to raise money for prostate cancer and stick around for the survivor + caregiver recognition ceremony.
- Tuna Relay | Fri., Oct. 28-Sat., Oct. 29 | 5 a.m. | $185+ | This 200-mile relay stretches from Garner to Atlantic Beach; it’s broken down into 36 legs and supports the Dementia Alliance of NC + the Autism Society of NC.
- Day of the Dead 5K | Sat., Oct. 29 | 1614 Automotive Way | 10 a.m. | $35+ | Run through Oakwood Cemetery to support the Boys and Girls Club and participate in Day of the Dead celebrations.
- Schenck Forest Trail Race | Sat., Nov. 5 | 8:30 a.m. | Schenck Forest NCSU, Reedy Creek Rd. | $55 | Race through 6.43 miles of trees, windy trails, sandy banks, and streams to benefit the Haven House of Raleigh.
- City of Oaks Marathon | Sun., Nov. 6 | 7 a.m. | 400 Glenwood Ave. | $35+ | Race through the city and join the post-race party at the finish line; beneficiaries include YMCA of the Triangle + Girls on the Run of the Triangle.
- Kettle Krush | Sat., Nov. 19 | 2 p.m. | 380 E. Tryon Rd. | $35+ | Run on the NC Highway Patrol Driving Track to support the Salvation Army.
- Raleigh Turkey Trot | Thurs., Nov. 24 | 8:30 a.m. | 3510 Wade Ave. | $28+ | Trot along Ridgewood Shopping Center + Meredith College to raise money for the National MS Society.
Want to give back but don’t want to race? All of these events have volunteer spots available.