Earlier this month, NC took the No. 1 spot on CNBC’s 2022 list of America’s Top States for Businesses. And let’s not forget that the Lending Tree ranked the Raleigh metro area as the best place to start a small business last October.
The Downtown Raleigh Alliance released its quarter two market report and the numbers back the rankings. Here’s the rundown on downtown businesses in Q2 (Fri., April 1-Thurs., June 30).
Fast downtown business facts
- 8 new businesses opened.
- 2 downtown shops expanded.
- 17 new development projects are under construction or in site preparation (like RUS Bus + 320 W. South Street).
- There are $5.5 billion of investments in the downtown Raleigh development pipeline.
- 2,451 residential units are under construction or in site preparation.
- There was a 15% increase in food and beverage sales from Q1.
So about those new businesses and expansions…
- Copperline Plant Co. | Retail | April 2022
- Vault Craft Beer | Bar + Taproom | April 2022
- Urban Pothos (expansion) | Retail | April 2022
- 9Round | Service | April 2022
- Reign Luxury Beauty Lounge | Service | May 2022
- The Bath Place at Pop-Up Shops at Martin Street | Retail | May 2022
- Unorthodox Vintage | Retail | May 2022
- Marigold Parlour (relocation/expansion) | Service | May 2022
- Whiskey Rose | Bar | May 2022
- The Parlor at Heights House | Hotel | June 2022
Coming soon (2022)
- Amitie Macarons Restaurant | Retail | Wilmington Street
- Sugar Euphoria | Retail
- El Toro Loco Taqueria | Restaurant
- Rainbow Luncheonette | Restaurant | N. West Street
- Longleaf Swine | Restaurant
- Soul Taco | Restaurant
- Jew Fro | Restaurant
- 321 Coffee | Restaurant | Glenwood South
- First Watch | Restaurant
- Raleigh Midwood Smokehouse | Restaurant | Smoky Hollow
- J Lights Market & Cafe | Restaurant | Smoky Hollow
- Madre | Restaurant | Smoky Hollow
- Milklab | Restaurant | Smoky Hollow
- The Crunkleton | Bar | Smoky Hollow
- YogaSix | Service | Glenwood South
- CrossFit Serve (second location) | Service | Fayetteville Street
- Sky Cafe | Restaurant
For more downtown facts from Q1 click here.