Table of Contents
We’ve all been there. The weather is bad, you’re bored, and you have no clue what to do. We’re here to help with 20 indoor activities to make the most of a rainy day in Raleigh.
For the competitors
- Boxcar Bar + Arcade, 330 W. Davie St. | Grab a drink + play classic and modern games like pinball and air hockey.
- The Crazy Axe, 3141 Capital Blvd. | Learn how to throw an axe + compete in challenges.
- ParTee Shack, 5300 Fayetteville Rd. | Choose from three mini-golf courses or take a swing at virtual golf and multi-sport simulators.
For the animal lovers
- Purr Cup Cafe, 210 Prospect Ave. | Drink coffee + cuddle with adoptable cats.
- West Street Dog, 400 W. North St. | Hang out with pups at this indoor, off-leash dog park + bar.
For the movie buffs
- Alamo Drafthouse Cinema, 2116-D New Bern Ave.|Enjoy a new film in a retro atmosphere. Pro tip: After the movie, stop by Little Blue Bakehouse next door for sweet treats like macarons and ice cream.
- Marbles IMAX, 201 E. Hargett St. | Watch a flick on Raleigh’s only certified giant screen.
- Paragon Theaters, 21 Fenton Main St., Cary | This luxurious movie theater offers box VIP seats with a dine-in menu.
For the athletes
- Current Wellness, 219 S. East St. | Join a fitness, yoga, or dance class in this inclusive space.
- Dose Yoga + Smoothie Bar, 415 N. Harrington St. | Challenge your core with a hot vinyassa flow + reward yourself with a smoothie.
- Mega, 2330 Bale St. | Jump, dance + sculpt your body during a 45-minute cardio trampoline class.
- Triangle Rock Club, 6022 Duraleigh Rd. |Test your strength and endurance by bouldering, auto-belayed climbing, top-rope climbing, and lead climbing.
For the art lovers
- Artspace, 201 E. Davie St. | Check out local art at the largest public studio environment for visual artists in NC.
- CAM Raleigh, 409 W. Martin St. | Explore contemporary art in the Warehouse District.
- NCMA, 2110 Blue Ridge Rd. | Beyond its permanent + rotating exhibitions, this art museum has a robust events calendar.
For the plant parents
- Copperline Plant Co., 300 Blake St. | Get creative with plant-related crafts like making your own macrame plant hangers + block printing.
- Urban Pothos, 714 W. Peace St. | Green your thumb during a plant care workshop.
- The Zen Succulent, 208 S. Wilmington St. | Make your own terrarium at the DIY bar.