Positioned along the northwest edge of downtown Raleigh is Smoky Hollow, a mixed-use urban development with office, apartment, retail, and restaurant spaces. The development has a modern-industrial design + boasts a pedestrian friendly, 40,000-sqft courtyard with street-level retail called The Hollow.
Now that the revitalized urban space has taken shape and exciting new tenants are beginning construction, it’s time to check in. Here’s what’s new in Smoky Hollow, which you can find near the Glenwood South district + adjacent to the future Devereux Meadow Park.
In spring 2020, the first phase of the project opened with Peace Raleigh Apartments — 417 homes atop a Publix grocery store. Additionally, The Line, a second and smaller housing complex with 283 apartments, is now open.
Smoky Hollow offers two office spaces: 421 N. Harrington St., a 225,000 sqft office space, and the Creative Office, a 5,200 sqft two-story “collaborative open” work space.
Dose Yoga + Smoothie Bar — Smoky Hollow’s first retail tenant — opened in March. Emily Wallace’s newest studio features 104-degree hot yoga classes, in-house smoothies, and adaptogen lattes.
Next door is the Smoky Hollow Parking Garage. It has 778 spaces with entrances on Harrington St. + N. West St.
The following tenants have been announced and will begin to open storefronts in late summer and early fall 2022.
- The Crunkleton (cocktail bar + restaurant)
- Milklab (rolled ice cream + bubble milk tea)
- J. Lights (cafe featuring coffee creations + food)
- Madre (small plates, wine, cocktails + weekend brunch)
- Midwood Smokehouse (award-winning BBQ + smoked meats)
- The Hollow will host the Raleigh Night Market the second Wednesday of every month. From 5-9 p.m., visitors can enjoy music and entertainment while they shop locally-made goods.
- Lincoln Theatre is hosting various music events during “The Hollow Live Series.” Juniper Coyote will perform on April 22 at 6:30 p.m.
- Enjoy food from Glenwood South restaurants + shop from local retailers and service providers during Glenwood Faire: A Taste of Glenwood South on Sun., April 24 from 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Other events to look out for are outdoor glowga (a yoga class for beginners) on April 20 from 7-8:30 p.m. and the Raleigh Fashion Fest on April 28 from 5-10 p.m.