Table of Contents
Take fundraising to new heights during Special Olympics NC’s Over the Edge challenge on Sat., Oct. 1. Between 9 a.m.-5 p.m., participants will rappel 30 stories down the side of the Wells Fargo skyscraper at 150 Fayetteville St. to raise awareness for ~40,000 NC athletes with intellectual disabilities. As of Tuesday morning, the event has already raised more than $57,500. And it’s not too late to join.
How to participate
- Register as an individual, join a team, or create a team.
- Raise at least $1,000 (per person) by Sat., Oct. 1.
- Schedule your rappel once you’ve reached the fundraising minimum.
- Hold on tight + take in the Raleigh views from 400 feet up.
- Bonus: Participants will earn a commemorative T-shirt.
- No prior experience is needed — professionals will lead the rappelling.
- Participants must be at least 14 years old.
- Perhaps you’re afraid of heights or unable to make it this year — you can still contribute by donating to the cause.