Table of Contents
It’s spooky season and the City of Oaks is crawling with fun, festive, and hair-raising Halloween activities. Plan your All Hallows’ Eve (and beyond) with these 15 events happening around the Triangle.
Ghoul’s night out
- Sober Halloween Party | Sat., Oct. 22 | 8-11 p.m. | The Wicked Witch, 416 W. South St. | $15 | You don’t need spirits to have a good time — sip on mocktails while dressed in your Halloween best.
- Triangle Area Ghost Stories and Pints | Wed., Oct. 26 | 7 p.m. | Nickelpoint Brewing Co., 506 Pershing Rd. | Free | Grab a brew from the bar then listen to hauntingly good ghost stories and spooky music.
- Spirits of Boxcar Halloween Party | Sat., Oct. 29 | 12 p.m.-11 p.m. | Boxcar Bar and Arcade, 330 W. Davie St. | Free | Bring your furry friends to compete in the Boxcar Bowows costume contest (12-5 p.m.) and enjoy themed cocktails. Pro tip: Register for the human costume contest between 7-9 p.m.
- A Heights House Halloween | Mon., Oct. 31 | 7-10 p.m. | Heights House Hotel, 308 S. Boylan Ave. | $35 | Enjoy tarot card readings, roasting marshmallows, and a special Halloween menu — costumes are encouraged.
Raleighite family values
- Geek and Grub Market (Halloween Edition) | Sat., Oct. 22 | 4-8 p.m. | Fred Fletcher Park, 820 Clay St., Raleigh | Free | Dress up in your best costume to trick-or-treat, play giant board games, and browse themed items from local artisans.
- Trick or Treat Treasure Hunt | Sun., Oct. 23 | 2-5 p.m. | Compiegne Park, 106 Chamberlain St. | Free | Enjoy street performances while picking up treats from candy buckets along Hillsborough Street.
- Pumpkin Flotilla at Bond Park | Fri., Oct. 28 | 4 p.m.-7 p.m. | Bond Park Boathouse, 801 High House Rd., Cary | Free | Watch as lit jack-o'-laterns glide over the lake at twilight and stay for music, snacks, and activities.
- Halloween Bash and Market | Sat., Oct. 29 | 10 a.m.-3 p.m. | Lafayette Village | Free | Come dressed up and ready to shop from local artists and enjoy live music — there will be prizes for the best costumes (humans and pets).
- Spellbound Square |Sat., Oct. 29 | 10 a.m.-3 p.m. | Moore Square | Free | Bring the kiddos to shop at this children’s Halloween market featuring a costume contest, crafts, music, pumpkins, and homemade goods.
- Trick-or-Treat at North Hills | Mon., Oct. 31 | 10 a.m.-6- p.m. | North Hills | Free | Come in costume to stock up on candy from participating businesses. Pro tip: Look for a sign on the door.
- Cinema in the Square: “Ghostbusters: Afterlife” | Thurs., Oct. 27 | 7 p.m. | Moore Square | Free | Grab a bite from a food truck or Square Burger, listen to spooky stories from The Ghost Guild, then watch a movie under the stars.
- Halloween Spooky Ride | Sat., Oct. 29 | 7-9 p.m. | Crank Arm Brewing, 319 W. Davie St. | Free | Decorate your bike to join this ghostly ride through the city — the best decorations and costume will earn a prize.
- Raleigh Zombie Walk | Sat., Oct. 29 | 7 p.m. | Moore Square | Free | Walk among the undead while limping through the city in a zombified form.
- Halloween Double Feature | Sat., Oct. 29 | 6-11 p.m. | Flowers Field, Dix Park | Free | Bring a blanket to watch “Hocus Pocus” and then stick around for “Scream” at 9 p.m. — come in costume for themed activities, sweet treats, and a parade.
- Fall Fest Block Party | Sat., Oct. 29 | 2 p.m.-6 p.m. | Brookside Bodega, 1000 Brookside Dr. | Free | Enjoy food trucks, music, trick-or-treating, vendors, and games.