While your City Editors were celebrating the New Year offline, we were excited to get back and report a few happenings in the City of Oaks. Here are some local news highlights:
- Though NC State’s football team didn’t get a chance to take a bite out of the inaugural edible trophy, the Pop-Tarts Bowl mascot was berry entertaining.
- Speaking of the Wolfpack, the women’s basketball team won its first conference game of the season 72-61 on the road against Virginia, holding its undefeated record.
- For the first time since Nov. 20, 2017, the National Hockey League named a Canes player, forward Sebastian Aho, as NHL’s “First Star” of the week. Aho earned 11 points in three games from Dec. 27 to Dec. 30.
- Switching gears to development news: Hoffman & Associates announced retail additions coming soon to Seaboard Station including wellness concepts Sweathouz + Body Fit Training, and a 1840-sqft Starbucks set to open in Spring 2024.
- Umbrella Dry Bar opened its doors for first sips on New Year’s Eve — you can make a reservation to stop in for a non-alcoholic drink this Friday, Jan. 5.
- The City of Raleigh launched a handy dandy Guide to the City’s Top Issues to keep Raleighites in the loop about important community happenings.
Did we miss something? Let us know.