Table of Contents
City Editor Cat here. 👋 We’re back with more ways to spend 12 hours in Raleigh. I’ve curated some of my favorite local spots to guide you through what I think makes for a perfect day in the City of Oaks:
- Start your morning off on the right foot with a short stroll around Fred Fletcher Park.
- After you’ve worked up an appetite, head to Hummingbird for a New Orleans-inspired brunch. Try this: Ricotta fritters and tomato pie.
- Rent a scooter to hunt down 13 of our favorite Raleigh murals.
- Pop into CAM Raleigh to explore its recently reopened exhibits. Bonus: The museum is free to visit.
- Snag a spot on MoJoe’s patio to grab an award-winning burger (ask for a side of MoJoe’s sauce).
- Walk down the street to play giant chess or a game of pool at The Avenue — dogs are encouraged.
- Find treasures at Cheshire Cat Antique Gallery, Trunkshow, or MODE Consignment.
- Browse through new and old vinyls at The Pour House Record Shop or Hunky Dory. Pro tip: Both locations have a bar.
- Craving Italian? Dine at Vic’s Italian Restaurant in City Market or Vivo Ristorante in North Raleigh.
- Grab an after-dinner sweet treat from Mon Macaron.
- Work on your swing at Dogwood Country Club — an indoor golf simulator spot with a bar.
- Catch a performance at Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts or Lincoln Theatre.