We Raleighites are pretty spoiled when it comes to mild winters, but that seasonal gloom can still get the best of us. If you’re in need of some weekend plans on the books to get you up and out of the house, consider yourself busy on Sunday, Feb. 26.
Grab your coats and head outside to Moore Square for Flannels & Frost, Downtown Raleigh Association’s free, family-friendly winter activation event hosted in partnership with Raleigh Parks. From 12-4 p.m., enjoy hot beverages, sweet treats, local vendors, and activities like:
- Big Ed’s Pancake Eating Contest (register for free)
- Snow machine
- Chainsaw ice carving demo
- Arts + crafts
- Games and activities
- Inflatable and real axe throwing
- Photo ops
- And more
Alcoholic beverages will be available to enjoy on-site within Moore Square’s park boundaries. Pro tip: Make the morning easier by scoping out some of the best places to park, or ride in with GoRaleigh.
Looking to make a full day of it? Find the closest places to eat, shop, and have fun in the Moore Square District. Our recs:
- Transfer Co. Food hall for some group dining options
- Marbles Kids Museum if the little ones need some indoor play time
- Watts and Ward for an afternoon happy hour drink*