After we shared that Raleigh Denim was making masks for sale + donating them to healthcare workers, they sold out of the material and supplies to make the masks. We’ve had readers reach out to us for more opportunities to buy or donate face masks from local companies in order to stay safe, #ShopLocal + help out local healthcare workers.
Since the extension of the stay-at-home order, many grocery stores and other essential businesses — like Weaver Street Market and The Fresh Market — have started making it mandatory for shoppers to wear a mask while in the store, so now is the perfect time to have your mask on hand before you make your weekly trip out of the house.
You all have been a tremendous resource for us in our search for masks, and we hope that this list helps. If you’re a little more handy + have the supplies with you, you can also make your own mask or donate homemade masks to local hospitals and help replenish their stock. If we missed a local face mask creator, please let us know.
○ Gray Chenier | Raleigh | Nurses and doctors eligible to receive a free mask.
○ Hawks & Doves | Raleigh | For every mask sold, they will donate a mask to a local healthcare worker.
○ Edge of Urge | Raleigh
○ Marta’s | Raleigh
○ Pretty Clever Things | Raleigh
○ Two Coolie Brothers | Raleigh | For every two masks sold, they will donate 1 medical grade mask
○ Custom Threadz LLC | Durham
○ Freaker USA | Wilmington | Free shipping on orders $25
○ Rove & Roam | Wilmington | For every mask sold, they will donate a mask to a local healthcare worker.
○ Citi Collective | Wake Forest