Today is Labor Day — an annual holiday that honors the contributions workers in America make to the country’s strength + prosperity. Labor Day has been designated as a federal holiday since 1894. Here are some ideas on how to take a load off for the holiday.
🚘 Take a trip
- Hit the road to Pittsboro, NC (a 30-mile getaway). Spend the day spotting wild animals at the Carolina Tiger Rescue on a guided tour and wind down with a wood-fired pie from The Modern Life Deli and Drinks.
🏡 Stay home
- Don’t forget to invite us to the neighborhood barbecue. Stock up on these essentials before firing up the grill.
- Learn how to compost + build a garden in your backyard.
🥾 Get outside
- Explore the Raleigh area by water at one of these kayaking, canoeing, and paddleboarding destinations.
- Take on the great outdoors by trekking out to these hiking destinations with water views.