If you’re ready to hop in the car and take a tour of the Triangle homes with the best holiday lights, we’ve got you covered. Local blogger and tour creator Al Parker has teamed up with Built Story — a self-guided tour marketplace founded by locals in Durham — to create two driving tours that take you across the Triangle + show some of the best holiday lights.
How does it work?
On Built Story, anyone can create self-guided tours for anything in their community that is significant to local residents (cue the Triangle’s love for holiday lights).
The Raleigh tours
- Raleigh Area’s Best Christmas Lights (Part 1) – South and West | Covers south Raleigh, Holly Springs, Cary, Apex, and Morrisville.
- Raleigh Area’s Best Christmas Lights (Part 2) – North and East | Covers north Raleigh, Wake Forest, Knightdale, and Wendell.
How to get started
- Download the Built Story app; available for both iOS + Android.
- In the app, search “Raleigh.”
- Choose the Triangle tour you’d like to take.
- Each tour costs $10. Once purchased, you can start, pause, stop + retake the self-guided tour for up to 30 days.
About the tour creator
Al Parker is a NC native who enjoys researching history, legends, and lore of the Carolinas + Virginia. Active in historic preservation in Eastern NC, Parker has collected these Triangle display locations for the last ten years, with each tour having 20+ festive stops for you to enjoy.
A portion of the proceeds from the sale of each Raleigh tour goes to support The Hope Center at Pullen — which connects young people aging out of foster care in Wake County with the resources + support they need for a successful transition to adulthood.