Earlier this week, the Small Business Association (SBA) released data showing which businesses across the country have received the highest payouts from PPP — including companies and nonprofits that have received $150,000 or more.
Open the Books (a Chicago-based nonprofit committed to the transparency of government spending) has also created a searchable map so you can view all the small businesses that have received funding in your neighborhood.
Did you know? Approximately 25% of all PPP loans issued in NC so far have gone to companies in the Triangle.
Here are the top recipients in our area:
- Westgate Auto Group | loan range: $2-5 million | 314 employees retained
- William Peace University | loan range $2-5 million | 357 employees retained
- Workplace Options | loan range $2-5 million | 398 employees retained
- 1020 Enterprises | loan range $1-2 million | 164 employees retained
- AAG Raleigh | loan range $1-2 million | 82 employees retained
Plus some other names you might recognize:
- Bailey’s Fine Jewelry | loan range: $1-2 million | 186 employees retained
- Care First Animal Hospital | loan range: $1-2 million | 6 employees retained
- Fat Daddy’s Market and Grill | loan range: $1-2 million | 75 employees retained
- Girl Scouts of NC, Coastal Pines | loan range: $1-2 million | 345 employees retained
- Hibernian Employee Group | loan range: $1-2 million | employee information unavailable
The largest lenders of PPP loans in our state are Truist, First Citizens Bank, Pinnacle Bank, PNC + FNB.
Want to learn more about PPP loans for your small business? Click here.