To celebrate local brews during Drink Up Week, Vault Craft Beer is featuring only NC drinks all next week.
“There’s so much good beer coming out of NC — such a wide range of styles of beers,” co-owner Erik Kern said. “I’ve seen a lot of these breweries use resources grown and produced in NC. I think that shows that they care about NC.” We’ll cheers to that.
The Vault taproom opened on April 1, 2022 at 518 W. South St. after its owners restored a 1950s drive-thru bank. The old First National Bank was transformed into a chic drinking space with mid-century modern vibes complete with floor-to-ceiling windows. There are 16 taps pouring a rotating selection of craft beverages, two large built-in coolers filled with cold beers to take home + a large outdoor patio.
So, what should you try first? “Something very trendy right now is a smoothie sour (try the Spilled PickN),” Erik said. “And I think Heyday’s Finger Guns will kick first.”
Here’s what Vault is pouring from its teller-counter-turned-taps from Mon., July 25-Sun., July 31.
- Finger Guns | Heyday Brewing | Raleigh | This American IPA has notes of citrus, white grape, and gooseberry.
- Meuse | Neuse River Brewery | Raleigh | This Belgian Tripel is medium-bodied with hints of white pepper and honeysuckle + a slight touch of bitterness on the finish.
- Obviously You’re Not A Golfer | Standard Beer + Food | Raleigh | A fresh, unfiltered pilsner.
- Still Spinnin’ | Barrel Culture | Durham | A hazy, double IPA hopped with mosaic, strata, and belma.
- Mango Tikijacket | Oaklyn Springs Brewery | Fuquay-Varina | Pineapple, passionfruit, and mango create this tart and refreshing fruity wheat beer.
- Counter Moon | Steel String Brewery | Carrboro | An unoaked sour ale that tastes like a tart raspberry pastry.
- H E Dubble Elves | Hugger Mugger Brewing Company | Sanford | An approachable ale with light berry notes and a devilish amount of alcohol — 6.66% ABV.
- Paw Paw with Jasmine Tea | Botanist & Barrel | Cedar Grove | Paw paws from Full of Life Farms were co-fermented with cider and infused with jasmine tea from Oliver Pluff Tea Co.
- Wave of Time | Edward Teach Brewery | Wilmington | A crisp, German-style pilsner with intricate waves of floral and slightly herbal flavors.
- Open Doors | Hopfly Brewing Co. | Charlotte | A light and crisp pale ale that’s citrusy on the nose and hits the palette with lemongrass + spice, finishing clean.
- Spilled PickN | Heist Brewery | Charlotte | A smoothie sour drenched in banana, sweet cherry, vanilla ice cream powder, and white chocolate (it’s very smooth, sweet, and lactose free).
- Court Shoes Only Night Session | Resident Culture Brewing Company | Charlotte | Imperial Stout with toasted peanuts and coconut.
- Brine | Fonta Flora Brewery | Morganton | This refreshing saison ale is brewed with oysters (expect tartness with a hint of salinity).
- Nitro Stout | Pisgah Brewing Company | Black Mountain | Pisgah’s classic stout is made from a careful balance of organic roasted malts then finished on nitrogen.
- The Hustle is Brutal | DSSOLVR | Asheville | This west coast IPA is clear, malty, orange, bitter + dry.
- Murder on The Mountain | Bhramari Brewing Co. | Asheville | A black kolsch good for those who like dark beers in the summer.
Bonus: Check out this interactive map for a visual.
Remember to drink local + drink responsibly.