Itching for a vacation or need a break from hosting a big holiday family gathering?
Maybe you’re looking for a romantic weekend away or to finally use that experiential holiday gift. Whatever your motivation, a holiday getaway to Greenville, SC (home to GVLtoday) is one you’ll look forward to all year long.
This time of year, Greenville looks more like red-and-Greenville. Its bustling downtown streets are decked out in holiday decor and packed with activities the whole fam can enjoy (think: ice skating + hot chocolate).
To help you plan, we made a list (and checked it twice) of hotel recs + must-do holiday activities in Greenville, SC if you’re looking to travel this season:
AC Hotel Greenville, 315 S Main St.
- Details: Just a block up from downtown GVL’s iconic Falls Park, AC Hotel Greenville is right in the heart of downtown. Peek into the display windows on Main Street as local retailers festively decorate their storefronts for the annual Main Street Window Decorating Contest. ❄️
- Perks: It’s located about half a block from the United Community Bank Ice on Main. Lace up your skates and embrace the holiday spirit as you spin under the stars at Ice on Main (a mini replica of Rockefeller Center) while you warm up with hot chocolate, coffee + treats. Pro tip: Buy your tix in advance — $10 per adult, $8 for kids ages 4-12. ⛸
Greenville Marriott, One Parkway East
- Details: Located just off The Parkway, the Greenville Marriott is ~20 minutes away from the Mauldin Cultural Center. Visit this month for their Beachin’ Christmas, featuring live beach-style holiday music, a holiday market, pictures with Santa, the annual tree lighting + some jolly extras that will help make your spirits bright.
- Perks: Got pets? No need to leave your furry family members at home for the holiday. They’re welcome at the Greenville Marriott.
Need more options? We rounded up 5+ more holiday getaway activities and hotels we think yule love.
Embassy Suites by Hilton Greenville Golf Resort & Conference Center, 670 Verdae Blvd.
- Details: If a Christmas morning round of golf sounds like the best gift ever, here’s where you’ll want to book your stay. Channel your inner Dustin Johnson at the Preserve at Verdae, a championship golf course located right next to the resort.
- Perks: There’s an on-site restaurant with an outdoor bar + fire pit for some true chestnuts-roasting-on-an-open-fire vibes.
Embassy Suites by Hilton Greenville Downtown Riverplace, 250 Riverplace
- Details: Wake up Christmas morning in your suite and enjoy your coffee on a balcony overlooking the downtown skyline or your premium room package of assorted treats + bevs.
- Perks: Sizzling USDA Prime steaks + award-winning wines are on the menu at Ruth’s Chris Steak House, while the rooftop restaurant and bar, UP on the Roof, offers hand-crafted cocktails, local cuisine, and spectacular views. Relax with a dip in the saltwater swimming pool — the only indoor pool in downtown.
Hilton Greenville, 45 W. Orchard Park Dr.
- Details: Just off I-385, Hilton Greenville is a ~10 minute drive to downtown + walkable to business, shopping, dining, and entertainment.
- Perks: While you’re downtown, stop by the Upcountry History Museum, which will be hosting a very merry exhibit; and the North Pole itself will be popping up at the nearby Children’s Museum of the Lowcountry.*