We hope you’re thirsty — these 30+ local drinkeries mixed up specials and deals exclusively for Drink Up Week. Keep reading to plan your delicious week of drinking local (Mon., July 25-Sun., July 31). Remember to use #DrinkUpRaleigh on your social posts to share the fun.
If you prefer a visual or want to see the closest Drink Up participant near you, check out this interactive map.
Let the fun be-gin 🍸
- Bowstring Pizza Brewyard, 1930 Wake Forest Rd. | Monday-Sunday, times vary | The “Bubble Bath Gin” is a psychedelic slushie in honor of Runaway Gin — a Phish tribute band — playing at the brewyard on Thurs., July 28.
- Coquette, 4351 The Circle at N. Hills St. | Monday-Sunday, times vary | This French brasserie is serving up $4 mimosas all day throughout the week.
- Dram & Draught, 1 Glenwood Ave. | Monday-Friday, 3 p.m.-2 a.m.; Saturday-Sunday, 12 p.m.-12 a.m. | Grab an Oak City Bounce for $12, crafted with Oak City Amaretto and Cardinal Gin.
- Killjoy, 116 N West St. | Tuesday-Sunday, times vary | Sip on the frozen “Godcousin” featuring passion fruit, lemon, cognac, amaretto, and cinnamon tea.
- Little City Brewing, 400 W. North St. | Tuesday-Sunday, times vary | After drinking this elevated bourbon cocktail, you’ll want to “Run and Tell That” to your friends.
- Mandolin, 2519 Fairview Rd. | Monday-Sunday, times vary | Bar Manager Kaylah Saffro created the “Knock Knock” cocktail with rum, coconut, and pineapple garnished with blueberries and shisho from Mandolin Farm.
- Oak Steakhouse, 417 W. Hargett St. | Sunday-Thursday, 5-9 p.m.; Friday-Saturday, 5-10 p.m. | Try Oak’s signature drink, the Oak Smoked Manhattan — it’s served in an oak + cherrywood-smoked snifter.
- O-Ku, 411 W. Hargett St. | Monday-Thursday, 5-9 p.m.; Friday-Saturday, 5-10 p.m. | Order the “Kyuri” – a cucumber and jalapeño gin + sake cocktail.
- Sir Walter Coffee, 145 E. Davie St. | Monday-Sunday, times vary | Order the Pimms Cup, a cocktail fit for Sir Walter himself.
- Sitti, 137 S. Wilmington St. | Sunday-Thursday, 11 a.m.-10 p.m.; Friday-Saturday, 11 a.m.-11 p.m. | The Sitti Spritzer is made with Ketel One Botanical, lemon, grapefruit, rosemary, thyme + soda. Additionally, the restaurant is featuring two mango cocktails — the Mango Rita and Blu Mango Spritz.
- St. Roch Fine Oysters + Bar, 223 S. Wilmington St. | Monday-Sunday, times vary | The “Peach Bounce” is a modern interpretation of the “Cherry Bounce"; it’s made with straight bourbon whiskey infused with vermouth bianco + shaken together with orgeat, fresh lemon juice, bitters, and peach.
- The Green Monkey, 1217 Hillsborough St. | Tuesday-Sunday, times vary | This funky shop + bar is featuring three drinks all week, including the fan favorite “The Original MonkeyMosa” which is made with Raleigh Brewing’s “Hell Yes Ma’am” and topped with orange juice, also try the crisp “Monkeyspritzer,” a sweet wine mixed with Ginger Ale served over ice, and the “Monkeylada” featuring Red Michelada + Trophy Brewing’s “Mort’s” lager.
- The Haymaker, 555 Fayetteville St | Friday-Saturday, 5 p.m.-1 a.m. | You don’t have to take a trip to the beach to sip on a Mango Margarita.
- The Willard Rooftop, 9 Glenwood Ave. | Monday-Sunday, times vary | The Rooftop Fog is made with gin, passionfruit tea, ginger liqueur + pomegranate molasses.
- Tonbo Ramen, 211 S. Wilmington St. | Monday-Sunday, times vary | Sip on $5 large adult slushies (flavors: Japanese Margarita (Espolon tequila) + Yuzu (Bacardi Rum and Yuzu Nigori Sake).
- Vivace, 4209 Lassiter Mill Rd. | Monday-Sunday, times vary | Sip on something light + refreshing on the patio like the “Ginger + Rye” or the “Elder Fire.”
- Virgil’s Cocktails and Cocina, 126 S. Salisbury St. | Tuesday-Saturday, times vary | The Fnk Catalina is made with vodka, orange, pineapple, agave, blackberry, and red wine.
- Young Hearts Distilling, 225 S. Wilmington St. | Wednesday-Thursday, 4-10 p.m.; Friday-Sunday, 11 a.m.-10 p.m. | It’s always “Thyme for a Cocktail,” especially when it’s one made with blackberry-infused YH Vodka, lemon-thyme simple syrup, butterfly tea + lemon.
For the beer lovers 🍻
- State of Beer, 401 Hillsborough St. | Monday-Sunday, times vary | The bottle shop is waiving all corkage fees for the week.
- Trophy Brewing & Pizza, 827 W. Morgan St. | Monday-Friday, 4-10 p.m.; Saturday-Sunday, 12-10 p.m. | Cool off with this frozen beer cocktail made with Trophy’s newest release, A La Tart.
- Vault Craft Beer, 518 W. South St. | Monday-Thursday, 12-9 p.m.; Friday-Sunday, 12-11 p.m. | This bank-turned-taphouse is pouring only NC beers all week (16 on tap).
Speakeasy secrets 🍹
- The Architect Bar & Social House, 108 1/2 E. Hargett St. | Monday-Sunday, 5 p.m.-2 a.m. | Try the Gimlet, made with Tito’s, lime, and simple syrup.
- The Green Light, 108 E. Hargett St. | Monday-Saturday, 5 p.m.-2 a.m. | The Honey Rose cocktail is made with bourbon, honey, lemon + rosemary.
- The Merchant, 126 S. Salisbury St. | Tuesday-Thursday, 5 p.m.-12 a.m.; Friday-Saturday, 5 p.m.-2 a.m. | From Raleigh with Love is made with vodka, strawberry, lemon, egg white + Thai basil.
Coffee + lemonade ☕
- 321 Coffee, State Farmers Market, 1209 Farmers Market Dr. | Wednesday-Sunday, times vary | The Oak Bourbon Latte special is an ode to the City of Oaks.
- A Place at the Table, 300 W. Hargett St. | Tuesday-Sunday, 8 a.m.-2 p.m. | Order the Berries & Cream Latte — it’s topped with berry whipped cream and sprinkles.
- Idle Hour, 1818 Oberlin Rd. | Monday-Saturday, 7 a.m.-7 p.m.; Sunday, 8 a.m.-7 p.m. | The Violet Beauregard is back for Drink Up Week — the seasonal favorite is a sparkling blueberry-basil lemonade with housemade blueberry basil syrup, fresh squeezed lemon juice, and Topo Chico.
- The Cupcake Shoppe Bakery, 104 Glenwood Ave. | Monday-Thursday, 7:30 a.m.-6 p.m.; Friday-Saturday, 7:30 a.m.-8 p.m. | Try the Spicy Watermelon Lemonade or Matcha Lemonade specials.
- The Optimist, 1000 Brookside Dr. | Monday-Saturday, 7 a.m.-6 p.m.; Sunday, 8 a.m.-6 p.m. | For one week only, the “Oakwood Sunrise” is back.
Drink at home 🫖
- Elaine’s Teas | This specialty tea store released a City of Oaks-themed trio for Drink Up Week — “The Raleigh Drop” features “Meet Me @ Woody’s,” “False Fall” + “City of Jerks” (use code DRINKUPWEEK to buy two get one free from this collection).
Excellent events 🍷
- Beer Club Social | Tues., July 26 | 6-8 p.m. | Wye Hill Kitchen & Brewing, 201 S. Boylan Ave. | RALtoday readers are invited to attend this exclusive Beer Club Social — there will be appetizers and Wye Hill’s brewers will be on site to talk all things beer + Electric Owl Society.
- Dose Yoga and Smoothie Bar, 415 N. Harrington St. | Monday-Sunday, 6 a.m.-9 p.m. | Use the one-time code “DrinkUp” to redeem a free yoga class during Drink Up Week. Bonus: Mention RALtoday at the cafe for a free smoothie.
- Drink Up Week Happy Hour | Wed., July 27 | 5-7 p.m. | Vita Vite Downtown, 313 W. Hargett St. | Join RALtoday City Editors Anne + Cat for a Drink Up “Happy Hour” featuring two special wines by the glass — a white and bubbles.