Last week, we asked our Instagram followers for some of their favorite places to work remotely. We rounded up the top 5 spots — perfect for packing up your laptop + getting out and about. 💻
- Idle Hour — 1818 Oberlin Rd. | 7 a.m.-7 p.m. daily | Get your work done with Idle Hour’s calming + quiet environment filled with bright light. Get there early to grab a seat on their signature green couch.
- BREW — 2310 Bale St. | Mon.-Fri. 7 a.m.-6 p.m. + Sat.-Sun. 8 a.m.-6 p.m. | Grab a Kenya Gakuyu Coffee + bagel and set up your workstation outside on the patio of the Raleigh location.
- Sola Coffee Cafe — 7705 Lead Mine Rd. | Mon.-Sat. 7 a.m.-3 p.m. | Try Sola Coffee if you need a happy environment + friendly faces to get you through a busy day. ProTip: Try the seasonal peach bowl — topped with housemade granola.
- The Optimist — 1000 Brookside Dr. | Mon.-Weds. 7 a.m.-6 p.m., Thurs.-Sat. 7 a.m.-9 p.m. + Sun. 8 a.m.-5 p.m. | There’s plenty of room to spread out — inside or outside — at this cozy spot. Unwind after work with one of their coffee workshops.
- 42 & Lawrence — 134 E. Martin St. | Sun.-Thurs. 7 a.m.-4 p.m. + Fri.-Sat. 7 a.m.-7 p.m. | When in need of those city vibes, 42 & Lawrence is located conveniently at the heart of Raleigh’s hustle + bustle.
Want to know more about the state of remote work in our city? Click here to read our recent convo on hybrid work models.